New to the FZ6 world!

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
Relatively new to this sweet ride myself! Just under 700 miles and I am getting 48 MPG; and that is spirited riding! ;)

A buddy of mine that has the FZ1 and FZ6, recommended the FZ6, explaining that is was much more fun to ride. I love it! You have a great bike there, bud!

:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:and enjoy the best forum around! A lot of fun peeps here! Enjoy!:rockon:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Relatively new to this sweet ride myself! Just under 700 miles and I am getting 48 MPG; and that is spirited riding! ;)

A buddy of mine that has the FZ1 and FZ6, recommended the FZ6, explaining that is was much more fun to ride. I love it! You have a great bike there, bud!

:rockon:

I got the exact same bike, with just over 1000 miles now. But I only get average 34 MPG!!! What gives?

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been known to ride a little 'aggressive', but come on! 34 mpg sucks. I came from a ninja 500 which supposed to get 58mpg, that's a big difference. I bought the bike for commuting purpose, traded in it for a little more power. I enjoy riding the fz6 100 times more than the ninja, but I need to improve the MPG.

I do mostly (95%) city riding, so that could explain the low #. I have some question regarding improving mpg (sorry to hijack thread)

1. getting K&N air filter should improve mileage right? More air = running lean means better mpg?

2. reducing weight (8 lbs) by means of new exhaust, shouldn't that also improve mpg in theory?

I doubt i'm going to change my riding style...

wlay00

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. Sweet ride! What's your upgrade plan?

I plan to get a fender eliminator kit and some flush mounts front turn signals. Also some exhaust when I save up the dough.

Jim thanks for the info and thank you everyone for the replies:rockon:

wlay00

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: I here there some great roads in AZ.

I have only been here for a year or so. I am stationed at luke afb. I heard there were some kick ass roads up in Prescott. I am just waiting to get my first oil change and over that 600 mile break in hump to ride up there and find out for myself.