New to The FZ

ATCincy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been a long time rider, but had sold my most recent bike (2002 Honda Magna) last spring. I wanted to go more sporty but am too old and fat for a sport bike.
I had a couple deals fall through on used ones before purchasing a 2007, Blue, FZ-6with 1,130 miles on it. Came with a Givi hard bag and Puigi windscreen (as well as stock screen plus another aftermarket that he didn't like).

I've always loved the looks of the bike but have been pleasantly surprised at the comfort. It's also a hoot to drive. Ordered new boots, helmet, gloves, jacket, and sliding jeans yesterday. I know I'll be on here all the time.

I've found over the years that bike forums are awesome places to learn. Based upon my stalking this seems to be a very friendly community.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: To the best forum out there. Also the best motorcycle. That is the same model, color and year as mine and I just love mine. Please ride safe and enjoy the ride. :rockon:

ChurchWVU

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking ride! I think I have the same case and windscreen from the looks of the picture. I would add a BD43 headlight cable, and a Gold WV on the side!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum. I'm also to old an fat for a sport bike but I climbed on one, twisted the throttle, it took off really fast and now I can't figure out how to make it stop! :BLAA:

You'll have a blast with the people here! Great bike and great forum to go with it! :rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this fantastic forum

BTW, white IS the best colour, not blue :shakehead: ;)

Have fun, post often and post pics :rockon:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome :)

i'd probably check the chain and sprockets if the previous owner has neglected it a bit, as well as give it a general going over, check nothing is loose too

ATCincy

Reaction score
Visit site
I put the bike up on it's center stand and lubed the chain. I've never owned a bike with center stand before. I had to wrestle it to get it on there. Am I missing something?

I've put 300 miles on it this week and it's running like a champ!

yamahog

Reaction score
Visit site
its easy once you get the technique down...left hand on handle bars, right on rear grab handle to balance the bike...right foot on center stand. Push til it contacts the ground, center the bike, then push down hard with your right foot and pull up slightly with your right hand, it should come up real easy. the key is using your leg not your arms.