New to me 2005 FZ6

PatrickB

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Picked up a new-to-me 2005 FZ6 a few weeks ago. Finally got some pictures taken. The original owner bought it new in 2006 and since had only put 1200 miles on it. I managed to add about 450 to that since I've got it. This is including a 120 mile each way weekend trip.

So far I'm impressed. I'm coming from a 1990 Kawasaki Zephyr 550. I just have a few tasks in mind. First I'd like to do the dual headlight mod so I can stop having everyone tell me I have a headlight out. Then I'm thinking I want to change over to the FZ1 bars. I have a handlebar riser that came with it so I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but I do know I need to make them wider and more straight. And finally I'd like to get a more comfortable seat. I'm going to wait on that on until I decide if I will be taking more long trips.

So here are the pics... it came with Yamaha Nylon saddle bags, handlebar riser, taller windshield (with original included), and a battery tender. I paid $3600 for everything.

img1317h.jpg

img1318x.jpg

img1319i.jpg

img1320.jpg

And this is my old bike...

img12221.jpg

jlsmith411

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on a great purchase and welcome to the forum! I have a 2005 too, but mine is blue. I like the look of your old Zephyr.... Happy ridin'!

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
wow, and i thought i got a good deal on my bike this year (4100 for a silver '05 with only 1400 miles). It is a very nice bike, let me know how different the touring screen compares with the original one since you have both.

Congrats on the nice catch

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
my two favorite colors for the fz6 are the silver and then the black - in that order. i have a blue (with black frame and engine) and even though i love it... every time i see one of you guys with a silver one i get a little jealous. congrats on a nice bike and a great price.