New to forum!

poultond

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from the Carolina's!!

I'm another person looking at getting a bike due to the rising gas prices and the lack of any kind of serious energy policy coming out of Washington DC.

I had a 125 when I was younger that I wrecked jumping over things but I'm considering myself a motorcycle newbie now at 41. I'm taking the First Time riders course at the local Harley Dealer.

I've been reading everything I can find and I've been lurking here on this forum for sometime. And yes, I've read the '600cc is not a good bike for a new person' posts. I've pretty much settled on the FZ6 over similar Suzuki and Honda offerings.

I was going to go down today to the local DMV to get my learners permit until I discovered that I need to pass the regular driving written exam before getting it so I'll be studying away for the next few days.
I also found out that South Carolina has a 180 day waiting period from getting my beginners permit to getting my license so I'll be using that time on some friends bikes.

ENSU3

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! The FZ6 is a amazing bike you won't be disappointed. Good luck with the class I took one too even though I knew how to ride and I don't regret it one bit.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome

You'll find a wealth of knowledge on this site. Read everything through before you decide to do any mods to find which way is right for you. I rely on the more experience people. Eat the meat but spit out the bones.

Doc

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, you'll love the FZ6, especially on the twistys. That's too bad about the permit process there, here in Washington State you have to take a written exam, which if you pass, gives you a learners permit good for 90 days. They then schedule a riding skill test after you pass the written exam. If you pass the skill test they give you an endorsement on you're license and you're good to go. Lucky for me there was only a week between the two (I had been riding off and on for years though).

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Your story sounds like mine....Took a break for 28 years and the gasoline prices finally got me. After two months I can't tell you what I like the most...the $350.00 fuel bill savings in one month or that I'm having so much fun riding the darn thing.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, you'll love the FZ, its really a fun bike.

ljm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this site and new to my FZ6. I started riding last year. I bought the cutest Vino 125 scooter and within two weeks went back and bought a Yamaha Virago 250. This year I bought my FZ6. I've been a bit intimidated by it because it's so much larger and heavier. The first thing I did was drop it trying to put it in the garage. I love it compared to the 250; it's so much more comfortable and smoother and the power........Anyway, I'm happy to be here and hope to learn a lot about my new bike.

ramsay12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to all.
I'm new to the forum, from the UK, the spiritual home of biking, all others are pale imitations! (well I might as well start on a controversial note!)
I collect my FZ6 S2 later this week so I expect to be involved in the forum as my experience develops.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New to forum! (Sorta)

I joined back in March. I joined to do research and gain further info on the FZ6 and finally found my perfect bike, an 07 Blue with 3800 miles and Givi hard bags. Will probably put bags on ebay or Craigslist soon. Looking to get the Give crash/case guards. I've read several threads about mods, and have lots of plans.

Last edited: