New tire transport

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have some new tires being shipped to me, and I won't have anyone to take them to the shop with me when I have them installed this weekend. My gf is out of town this weekend. I guess I could wait for her to return to help me out. I saw this funny pic online of an FZ6 with wheels strapped on the back. Do you think I should do something similar?

epim_tires_0.jpg

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I have some new tires being shipped to me, and I won't have anyone to take them to the shop with me when I have them installed this weekend. My gf is out of town this weekend. I guess I could wait for her to return to help me out. I saw this funny pic online of an FZ6 with wheels strapped on the back. Do you think I should do something similar?

epim_tires_0.jpg

I'd bet money that's VEGASRIDER!

I'd do something similar if it's just tires. Too sketchy for me with the wheels, but with 2 tires, and if the shop is close and on surface streets I'd give it a shot.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I strapped 2 wheels on the back before. It works. Not with the rims though. Also make sure you put padding to prevent scratches etc.

rakhan

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same thing a few weeks ago, I strapped my tires to the back and it worked fine. I even used the highway to get to the shop. Was not a bad ride at all.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
it can be done sure, i've seen a guy strap a tyre plus wheel on his bike (just one tyre tho not both and the wheel was the front one), make sure you strap the tyres well and pull them on the passenger seat as much as you can