New the2wheels levers play

cranduit

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received my levers today and they look great, so I put them on. Once I got the brake lever on, I noticed a lot of up and down play. I noticed the tiny screw that connects the mount and the lever and I tightened that as much as I could, I also tightened the other lever before install. I installed the clutch to see if it was different, and I had the same problem.

There is about 1/2" of play (12mm) up and down, a little between the bike and the mount, but it looks like mostly between the mount and lever itself.

I can't tighten any of the bolts any more than they are. Is this normal and I'm overthinking it, or should I contact the seller and see if they'll do anything (probably make me return the set, which may cost about half in shipping)?

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could say you are overlooking something but the install is pretty simple......

With the clutch you take the bushing out of the old lever and then just reuse the bolts for brake and clutch......

I just got mine a few weeks ago and I have very little verticle play, about the same as the OEM levers. No way mine move 1/2".....maybe 1/8" at the ends.

There is another thread on here about 2wheels levers that was made a long time ago but that has recent posts of someone else having the same problem....Im wondering if they are just producing some crap and I got lucky?

Id suggest PM the other forum memeber to see if he got a resolve and or contact the seller....sux though since they are chinese based.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could say you are overlooking something but the install is pretty simple......

With the clutch you take the bushing out of the old lever and then just reuse the bolts for brake and clutch......

I just got mine a few weeks ago and I have very little verticle play, about the same as the OEM levers. No way mine move 1/2".....maybe 1/8" at the ends.

There is another thread on here about 2wheels levers that was made a long time ago but that has recent posts of someone else having the same problem....Im wondering if they are just producing some crap and I got lucky?

Id suggest PM the other forum memeber to see if he got a resolve and or contact the seller....sux though since they are chinese based.

that other member was me.

Nope, I didn't resolve the issue.

there is still movement. Not really that big as you describe though.

I am going to put washers in the mount and the lever to eliminate the movement.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just measured the play on mine: 3/8" of vertical at the lever end. If I force it a little it's a full 1/2". Does not bother me one bit when I'm riding :don'tknow:

cranduit

Reaction score
Visit site
I went ahead and contacted them, it was mainly on the clutch side so I sent detailed pictures with calipers and all showing its a mating between the mounting bracket and lever itself.

We'll see how it turns out, but I'm not expecting much, I left them on after swapping back and forth for pictures. If they want me to ship them back, I'll probably put the lever in a vice and squeeze the wings together where it meets the bracket which shouldn't take too much.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are fading on my bike, but the play is there It just doesn't bother me that much,they helped others with the fading issue by sending a new set, I'm sure their customer service will be good.View attachment 45250

opsound

Reaction score
Visit site
Resurrecting this thread because I have the same problem, but on the clutch side. The play is at the pin that allows the clutch position adjustment, not the pin that attaches the lever to the bike.

The brake side is fine. I contacted the2wheels with pictures and they are sending me a new pair.

As you can see, there is way more slop in the fit between parts on the clutch lever.
ZCmya.jpg