New rider, new bike!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the day has come!
After being told all my life by my mother that i could never own a motorcycle i decided that at 29 i was old enough to do it anyway!

Took the 8 hours course to get my provisional license (valid a year in which i can pass my full test anytime) and bought myself a sweet bike, 2009 FZ6S2 with 3000 miles

Spent all week riding, did 700 miles in a week

I have already added a belly pan, a seat cowl, a radiator grill, frame sliders and new mirrors.
A Leo Vince exhaust, a tail tidy and some smoked turn signals are on their way!
One thing i love already is how easy it is to work on a motorcycle compared to a car! I changed the oil, coolant, break fluid, it took less then an hour, i didn't have to remove the wheels to bleed the breaks, i didn't have to lie on the ground looking for unreachable bits, everything is there, and easily accessible! Welcome change from my car!

I love this thing!

On my second day riding it, i went to the shop to change my front tire, the shop guy tells me "be very careful for the first 100 miles and try not to ride in the rain!"
Exactly 6 minutes later, i got caught in a downpour, with nowhere to stop, and lots of roundabouts everywhere!
Man, was that scary!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Enjoy it! Riding is a blast, just keep alert and practice evasive maneuvers as often as possible!

I love those bronze wheels, did the previous owner have them powder coated?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
looks good brother!

:welcome: to the family!

ive never seen that seat cowl before, what brand is it?

also those gold rims look sweet, whomever had the bike before you looks to have taken care of it.

Thanks.

The seat cowl is from powerbronze, a UK company, a lot cheaper than most but a nice fit and and looks good.
In real life the plastic is not exactly the same color as the stock black plastic parts, it has a slight reddish hue in the sun, but you barely notice it.

The gold/bronze wheels and red saddle are stock on the "graphite" model, i think EU only.

The first owner wasn't to good, he dropped it twice in 3000 miles!
Needed new bars both times and a new radiator the second time (i have receipts for all the work) apparently scratched the passenger handles and the tank a little.
The second owner bought it and never even had the time to ride it or insure it. ( i have the receipt he got from the 1st owner, he rode it literally 3 miles just to try it)
He repainted the passenger handles and the tank (in the stock color) and then got a job out of the country and decided to sell it, i bought it from him.

The only signs left from the drops are slightly scratched shifter and rear brakes levers, which i can live with.
The way i see it it was pre dropped for me!

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Look at you with a sweet custom ride, for your first bike.:thumbup:

:welcome: from Texas:cheer:

Ride safe and smart.:thumbup: