New Rider, 2007 FZ6!

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to riding. Only riden dirt bikes a few times on my uncle's farm. Recently went out with my roommate to a parking lot to go over some more basics. My Motorcycle riding course starts next week, three classes, 6 hours each.

Picking up a 2007 FZ6, 1900 miles, one owner, excellent condition. Do you think $4900 OTD is a good price from a dealer?

I'll post pics when I have it in my posession, excited to check out the forum!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
welsome to the forum... :welcome: thats not a bad price in my opinion, from a dealer.. i bet you could probably get a few hundred knocked off.. but still a good price.. yup, post up pics when you do get the bike.. :thumbup:

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad in a rush of adrenaline, I put down $200 to hold the bike, but was not sent an invoice until afterwards showing a $200 "DOC FEE"... which I think is a little outrageous.

Going to pick it up tomorrow, not sure if I can really negotiate anymore. oops :(.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best forum out there! I hope your 07 FZ6 is the fast blue color. :D you will find everyone here a great help. You will also find there is lots of modifications you can do to really enjoy your motorcycle. Remember alway wear all the gear all the time ATGATT and RIDE SAFE!:rockon:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey, you can always ask for a free helmet... or bike lock.. or cover.. never hurts to ask for something for the bike, when you think they wont give you any more money off of the bike.. good luck..

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
2010-10-04_16-46-07_978.jpg

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Hahah! That car is not mine, it's the neighbor's, but I do have a red/maroon Sentra as well ;).

Already have my helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, and boots as far as riding gear is concerned. I'll never go out without it.

Start my riding course tomorrow, will be finished by this weekend. Hope weather holds out for a few weeks so I can get some basic riding experience in before winter!

Oh, and here's a pic of my truck... ;)

4-1.jpg

vkray

Reaction score
Visit site
I do not know where you are from but there a quite a few here in Colorado that are going real cheap 2007 models with low mileage too. Check Craigslist, you could save yourself a ton of money and still have the bike shipped to your location. Just a thought. $3000 versus $4900 ???:thumbup: