new puig touring screen

logan77

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was so stoked to get my new Puig Touring screen! I put it on and I'm really disapointed. I seems to get the "wind" up higher but the noise in my helmet is now deafening. Anyone else have this experience? I'm 5'10" if that helps for comparisons.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
did you get the touring one or the double bubble one??? the touring one i believe does have those noise problems like you were saying.. hopefully there is something simple you can do to fix it.. good luck

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
Doing a little searching on this forum and others would have saved you some $$$. People have found that removing or cutting the windsceen down actually makes things quieter than the taller screens. I went through this myself and from my point of view it is a trade off. I got things quieter with the cut down screen but the wind force on my helmet seemed to increase which made my neck sore. Went with the double bubble and the force is much less but the noise went back up.

It also depends on your height/torso length, riding position, helmet design, etc.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Post a picture since I never saw the Puig touring screen on an FZ6. Most of us have the Puig sport screen

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
Try earplugs.

I have a CeeBaileys +5 screen. If I want to cruise on the freeway it is way better than a cut screen, but yes, loud.

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a thread I've been waiting to see because I was thinking about a Puig Touring screen too, but I want to read up on it here first. I had a R1150R and put a Cee-Bailey screen on it for the same reason (touring comfort) and got terrible buffeting from the wind off the top of my helmet. It was on for about 2 miles before I put the sport screen back on.

I find the FZ6 stock screen does a pretty good job of taking the wind off my chest and leaving my head and shoulders in the wind. I guess from my experience and your review, that is much more comfortable than half of my head in the wind. Thanks.

logan77

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for more protection on cold mornings but imo it's not worth the added noise. I've only tried ear plugs a couple of times and I just haven't gotten comfortable with them yet. The puig screen is a great quality piece, it just doesn't work for me.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually just put my stock screen back on my '06 yesterday. I took my Puig double bubble off because it needs to be replaced, but I was amazed on my 300+ mile ride today at how much better the stock screen is! The wind it so much smoother and doesn't smack me right in the faceshield anymore.

I like the looks of the dark smoke screen, however, so I'm planning on getting the "standard" Puig dark smoke screen. I only rode about the first 100 miles that I had the bike with the stock screen and then put the double bubble on, so I had no idea what I was missing!

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually just put my stock screen back on my '06 yesterday. I took my Puig double bubble off because it needs to be replaced, but I was amazed on my 300+ mile ride today at how much better the stock screen is! The wind it so much smoother and doesn't smack me right in the faceshield anymore.

I like the looks of the dark smoke screen, however, so I'm planning on getting the "standard" Puig dark smoke screen. I only rode about the first 100 miles that I had the bike with the stock screen and then put the double bubble on, so I had no idea what I was missing!

I've got the dark smoke DB also, sitting up I don't really notice the difference, with my knees on my elbows it seems about the same maybe a little bigger area of protection, laying on the tank it's freakin silent but how long do you do that.

I might have to dig the stock screen out and do a comparison

Wiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm, I guess I understand, but my findings were different. I put my Puig Touring screen on last week and I love it. BUT, I am 6'0 and that might make all the difference. I rode 150 mile loop today, through sun, rain and +20 wind. As it was a loop, the wind hit me from all directions. I really liked the screen in comparison to the stock screen. The rain stayed mostly off my body, my head was up in or just above the blast, but must have been above the buffeting. I wear "Ear" earplugs, they are cheap and work pretty well for me, comfortable too. I have a Shark full face RSR 2 helmet, which for me has never been loud, or quiet, just middle of the road. I think the screen change has had no effect on noise for me going down the road. I wouldn't think 2 inches difference in our height would make that much difference, but in our case I guess it does. I do sit pretty tall on the bike too. Maybe that plays into this also. I would order the same screen if I had the need. I like it a lot, it's not my old 1500 Nomad's barn door, but it works just fine for me on this bike.

Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't the same as mine.:(

WIZ

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
For me at 6'2" the Puig racing screen made a positive difference. No more buffeting. I did not seem to notice much of a difference in wind noise.

I have the Dark Smoke Screen and I love the way it looks and it functions well. I guess there are many factors between riders that make it good for some and not so for others.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the Puig dark smoke racing screen on my 07 Fazer, and it made a world of difference (I'm 6'3). No more buffeting, much quieter, and way better looking.