New Pipes on :D!

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

As some of you may know I was getting a new exhaust for the bike...well after exactly 12 days of waiting I received the package in the mail early last week. Took me about 2-3 hours to put it on properly...plus another hour searching for the right size allen key. Damn imperial hex bolts!

First impression after I start her up...loud but it's acceptable, with the db-killers/baffle still in that is. Rode around for 20min...felt it was okay, wasn't too loud. BUT BUT BUT...I took the baffles out...a couple of hours later...start her back up again. WOW!!! It was LOUD!!! It was louder than me mates triumph 675 racing exhaust. I then rode around for another 30min and it was turning heads...everyone was turning around to have a look :D!

For everyday riding, I am definitely leaving the baffles in there, cause I think I'm suffering some heading damage right now...:rockon:

Jack.

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some quick pic that I took after the install :D!
Not very high quality though. Tried to take a video too, but the sound was all distorted...need to find a proper camcorder to do the job.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice stuff those look great!
Where did you get them and how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking. Other people might be interested in getting some too!

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine from the States. Indysuperbikes. After the currency conversion (paypal rates) it was about $800AUD including shipping. Shipping was a headache, as they didn't quote me the correct shipping price at the start (quoted $70USD at the start). They came back and asked for 50dollars extra ($120USD) but I refused, ended up getting the slower shipping (without asking too)...BUT it was worth the wait and I wasn't in a hurry :)

I later received another quote from jazzmotorsports, they gave me another 10 or 20 bucks off, but it was too late. Otherwise I would of got it from them. Cause they actually gave me the leadtime/exact shipping cost and method/decent discount too!

Hope this information help others out there :) And definitely shop around too.

Jack.

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! You'll love the sound and feel of your new cans. Unfortunately you'll probably have to wear earplugs fulltime now.

If you get extreme popping you might have to richen up your C1 & C2 values.

There is a Leo Vince link in this forum if you do the search to do this if you need help.

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my friend to test out the bike for me yesterday. The sounds from the new pipe is sooooooo sweeeeeeeeet!!! And with/without baffle, the different is huge...you get so much attention when you take them out.

When finish riding without baffle taken out, you feel like you just walked out busy nightclub...half deaf is what I call it :p

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com

krim

Reaction score
Visit site
jackay it look good.

I'm checking on the Indysuperbikes and when i select for FZ6 the fit year is for 2007-2008.

I selected fz6r and the fit are for 2009 -2010.

I have a 2009. which one would fit?

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
jackay it look good.

I'm checking on the Indysuperbikes and when i select for FZ6 the fit year is for 2007-2008.

I selected fz6r and the fit are for 2009 -2010.

I have a 2009. which one would fit?

2007-2008 exhausts will fit your 2009 FZ6 just fine. The 2009-2010 FZ6R is a different model, so don't get that if you have an FZ6.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same thing with my 2 bros exhaust. My ears were hurting after half an hour without the db killers. Does get everyone looking though.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Awesome! You'll love the sound and feel of your new cans. Unfortunately you'll probably have to wear earplugs fulltime now.

If you get extreme popping you might have to richen up your C1 & C2 values.

There is a Leo Vince link in this forum if you do the search to do this if you need help.

That would be my sticky in the FZ6 mods section. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/4809-dyno-tune-co-adjustment-leo-vince.html

Here's mine with the db killers out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt3-5sSqXhk]YouTube - FZ6 Flyby[/ame]

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey JayJay :)

I think they all come with conical tips now. No matter which finish you pick. I checked on LeoVinceUSA website and the tip finishes appears to be the same on all of them.

Leo_Vince_USA_Website

And here's the vid that helped me made my final choice...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH5GCNB_Ti4&feature=channel"]FZ6_with_Leo_Vince[/ame]

Last edited:

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
hehehe thanks for all the comments guys!
I like the looks of black w/black combination. I was afraid that it would mess up the original look a little bit (I'm a more stock type of person), but after I changed it out...it looks even better :D!

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same thing with my 2 bros exhaust. My ears were hurting after half an hour without the db killers. Does get everyone looking though.
hahaha! totally agree with ya.

especially when the little baby in the cart looks at ya when you ride past by.. :D

Last edited: