New owner 2009 FZ6

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all,

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks now and have been scheming to get some type of sportbike since the beginning of the summer. I started riding on a Kawasaki KLR600, and visited the dealer a while ago to try out some bikes. I've wanted an R6 for as long as I can remember, but had never actually sat on one let alone rode one. I went to the dealer and tried out an R6 as well as the Honda, Kaw and Suzuki 600's and was very disappointed when I realized just how hunched over you are on one. I'm fairly tall at 6'1" (185cm for all you metric folks) and all of the bikes I tried were uncomfortable for me. So I asked about the FZ6 and test rode a 2008 they had there. I loved it and began my search since the dealer wanted $5500 for their 08 with 9900 miles.

I came across a FS thread here and found a black 09 with just under 3000 miles. So I made the road trip down to Missouri on Friday, met some really nice people and came home with this beautifully clean bike.

IMG_1182.jpg

I couldn't be more excited. I went home, unloaded the bike and rode to my work at 2am to show my buddy. Today ( I guess yesterday now) I have spent the entire day riding, cleaning off bugs, riding, cleaning off bugs, taking pictures and riding. I put 200 miles on the bike already.

ANYWAY, now that all of that is out of the way and to keep your attention, here are some pictures of my new pride and joy.

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

Anyways, happy to be here and thanks for looking!

Last edited:
D

Dave.TX

Congratulations on your new wheels! I am now officially jealous.

I'm 6'4" and from what I've read that's not a problem with this bike. Hope it fits you just right. Guessing by the 200 miles you put on it the first 24 hours it must be good. Enjoy!

:thumbup:

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on your new wheels! I am now officially jealous.

I'm 6'4" and from what I've read that's not a problem with this bike. Hope it fits you just right. Guessing by the 200 miles you put on it the first 24 hours it must be good. Enjoy!

:thumbup:

It fits me great. Only complaint after 200 miles is a sore butt:thumbup:.

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought same bike amonth ago. Its my first bike. Got it for 4600 with 200 miles. I now have 2k on it. I havent driven my car once since i got my fz6!

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike (not saying it because I have the exact bike, lol)! First thing I did was frame sliders and Two Brothers exhaust. Enjoy it, ride safe!

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pictures!

I'll pass the word on to my photographer. My little brother just got a Cannon EOS something or other and is working on his photo skills. I'll be posting lots more pictures in various sections because he loves to do photo shoots.

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike (not saying it because I have the exact bike, lol)! First thing I did was frame sliders and Two Brothers exhaust. Enjoy it, ride safe!

Thank you. I will probably get frame sliders just in case, but my first mod will be the bd43 headlight mod. I'm already getting sick of driving with that bright light indicator on the panel all the time, but it looks so wierd with only 1 light lit.

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the background in several shots. Do you work for the local electric utility, or just like electric substations? Looks like 69 kV to me.

Neither, it's just close to home and we thought it might be a neat backdrop. I like to look for things that aren't normal for a backdrop or scenery and take some pictures to see how they turn out. We've used this substation before for car pictures, and there's some neat buildings in west omaha that make for cool pictures.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, nice bike,

sorry had to stop and wipe the drool off the keyboard. Have looked around and nothing out there attracts me like the FZ6. It is a great all round bike and I love mine even if it is a 04.

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you. I will probably get frame sliders just in case, but my first mod will be the bd43 headlight mod. I'm already getting sick of driving with that bright light indicator on the panel all the time, but it looks so wierd with only 1 light lit.

Yeah, I thought of doing that two. I'll probably wait till winter before I do anything time consuming to the bike. I think I may just put in a smoked windscreen and that would be about it for now.