New lid LS2 MX453

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Motorcycle Closeouts had these for 90 bucks and I've wanted to try a dual sport style helmet so bam I bought one. I like it, very little in the way of lift or wind deflection when turning your head, YMMV with a naked or low windscreen but I did stand up at 65 mph and my head didn't get snapped back so probably won't be a problem. Fit is good for my oval fat head, had a little hot spot after 50 miles on my forehead but not enough to be a problem. Glasses fit well and were comfortable for the short ride. Seems quiet for this style helmet and was reasonably warm, temps were in the 40's. Face shield has no detents so you can put it where you like, great for just opening a little to defog the shield. Con's would be a little fiddly strap but this is due to my size 12 fingers more than anything else and there is a little distortion in the face shield when turning your head due to the extreme curve to the shield, wasn't a big deal but may bother some.
Some may find the Eagle graphics a bit much but personally I really like the way it looks.
Over all I give it a big thumbs up especially for the price:thumbup:

Jerry

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking lid Jerry, makes you look ten years younger. ;)
I've considered getting a dual sport helmet myself for when I'm out fooling around on the Mrs.' XT250.