New-ish Member, Service?

Peteyyyy32!

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been browsing this sight for a few months while I was waiting for my FZ6 to arrive. I have now been the proud owner of a 2008 model for 6 weeks :rockon:

I have managed to put 2500miles on it since getting it and I was just wondering, how many miles should I leave it before I change the oil and filter? I usually service my bike around the 3000mile mark and was wondering if the FZ6 was the same.

thanks in advance for your replies :thumbup:

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome!

I follow the owners manual which calls for oil change every 4000miles and oil filter change every other oil change or 8000 miles. As far as which oil to use, there are already many a thread on that topic. Search function will bring those up. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great forum!

It won't hurt to change the filter at every oil change. I don't know if there is an actual advantage to doing it that way but I do it. :)

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome! when to change just depends on when it was does last and what makes you comfortible as what oil was used and your what makes you warm and fuzzy inside! pick what you want ( as long as it meets spec) and run it for as long as you feel comfy with, and most important is just to keep up on it!

Peteyyyy32!

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the team!!

+1 I've always done it every change
yes I always change the filter when I change the oil, I guess its just for peace of mind.
I like to keep on top the maintenance and always end up spending most of my hard earned wage on mods :) I've already changed the exhaust for a set of Delkevics, fitted R&G Aero crash protectors and a scottoiler

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes I always change the filter when I change the oil, I guess its just for peace of mind.
I like to keep on top the maintenance and always end up spending most of my hard earned wage on mods :) I've already changed the exhaust for a set of Delkevics, fitted R&G Aero crash protectors and a scottoiler
Yeah, I'm pretty cheap but oil filters are cheaper than I am so why not