New Honda

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
When you discover the fact that it weighs more than your FZ6 and produces a mere 48hp... you might change your mind.... On the plus side, Honda claims it gets nearly 80 mpg.....

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after reading into this i believe the NC700 franchise is honda's attempt at a bike for the masses...
You can have it with an automatic transmission or a manual...
The SA is a sport standard, The XA Is the SA modified for sport adventuring. From what i see you get the 670 cc that redlines at 6500, you get a smaller gas tank with a trunk built in where you lose the gas space, as a result of higher mpg. Low emissions, a curb weight of 480, and if what CanadianFZ6 says is true, a horrid little engine that should remain in scooters... how did the manage to ONLY extract 48 HP from a 670cc P-twin??

I think once the bike comes out and more reviews come around that you're not gonna want anything like this instead of your FZ....

And if it's the "crossover" version you're liking, i'm sure there's plenty of bikes that do a better job (V-strom, BMW GS, Versys all come to mind)...

It's heavier than my bike, and if it truely has that little hp, i really see no upside to this bike other than mpg...

They would have to be selling it for alot less than what i paid for my Versys for me to even test ride one... and from pricing in the UK it looks like it will actually cost more than my Versys did... Think i'll pass :rolleyes:

Just my .02

D

Dave.TX

It looks good but not sold on the engine. Their touring bikes are so bland. This one has promise if they'd put a decent powerplant in it. This one has been Obama-ized (we'll build it and you'll buy it and like it because we said so - Chevy Volt...).

BTW, this is not listed on the U.S. site thank goodness.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
If you want that style bike, and you want a Honda, why not go for the CB1000R. My girlfriends brother in law got one earlier this year and loves it. Sweet looking bike too.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
If you want that style bike, and you want a Honda, why not go for the CB1000R. My girlfriends brother in law got one earlier this year and loves it. Sweet looking bike too.

A used Kawi Z750S would be a good option if price is an issue. Can be had for under $4000. If price isnt an issue the Z1000 would be in the same class as the CB.