New here and to riding

Sgt stevo

Sgt stevo
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Im Steve, Im new here and just got my 2009 FZ6. 165 miles on it. Got my license two weeks ago. just wanted say hi. Riding is one of the things I promised myself I would do when I got out of the Hospital. I was hrt in OEF. Also Scuba, MMA, etc. So far so good. I love my new bike so much. Sometimes I just stare at it. weird huh. thanks for having me. Stevo

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Sergeant! :welcome:

You'll love this sport, just take your time learning the ropes and you'll have fun.

Hope you are on the mend from you injuries.

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Stevo....
Sometimes I miss CA specially Malibu Canyon, I spend quite lots time over the weekend brezzin around PCH...:thumbup:

ChromeX

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey welcome I'm up in Oakland.
Good choice in picking the FZ6 for your first bike.
As you can see there is a lot of "Safe" mentioned.
Just tell yourself slow is a good thing for quite some time to come there is a whole lot you need to learn. If you can try to hook up with an experienced/mature rider who is willing to give some time.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new bike and :welcome:

Sometimes I'll stare at my bike from my office window, and I've had it for over a year so I dont think its weird at all! :rockon:

Wounded_Badger

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Hey Im Steve, Im new here and just got my 2009 FZ6. 165 miles on it. Got my license two weeks ago. just wanted say hi. Riding is one of the things I promised myself I would do when I got out of the Hospital. I was hrt in OEF. Also Scuba, MMA, etc. So far so good. I love my new bike so much. Sometimes I just stare at it. weird huh. thanks for having me. Stevo

Too bad you weren't around here partner, we could ride together and I could show you some awesome places to go. <<<also in the military, glad to hear you are doing well. These FZ6's are very versatile. Sometimes I ride mine like a normal Streetbike, other times I throw it around like my Dual Sport Dirtbike (DRZ400S). They are so fun. Did you buy the blue or black? And like you...I sit and stare at mine too :) Welcome (I am new here too!)

Scott,

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
:welcome:

Glad you found the site. There are a great bunch here who are always willing to help (just don't ask about what type of oil to use ;))

Take it easy the first few months until you begin to get more comfortable on the bike and then take it easy another few months. You should be fine after that.

Ride lots and post often!