New helmet ???

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Last Friday I was finally able to get my wife out on the FZ6. She used my old helmet and noted that it was a bit too loose on her head.

She mentioned that she would like to go out again on the bike, but she will need a proper fitting helmet. She tried my Vega Altura helmet size Large, and commented that it fit her heat perfectly. My wife would rather take over my Vega helmet than go out and try to find a new one that suits her the best.

This leaves me with the task of shopping for a new helmet:D

I've done a bit of research and found some nice helmets in the $150- $200 range which is about as high as my budget will allow. Are there any recommendations for a good quality helmet that fits inside my price range?

My existing Vega helmet weighs 1,500 grams and is, DOT and ECE 22.05 certified.

I've found a couple of helmets through kneedraggers, but I'm certainly open to suggestions from my fellow FZ6 riders:thumbup:

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Last Friday I was finally able to get my wife out on the FZ6. She used my old helmet and noted that it was a bit too loose on her head.

She mentioned that she would like to go out again on the bike, but she will need a proper fitting helmet. She tried my Vega Altura helmet size Large, and commented that it fit her heat perfectly. My wife would rather take over my Vega helmet than go out and try to find a new one that suits her the best.

This leaves me with the task of shopping for a new helmet:D

I've done a bit of research and found some nice helmets in the $150- $200 range which is about as high as my budget will allow. Are there any recommendations for a good quality helmet that fits inside my price range?

My existing Vega helmet weighs 1,500 grams and is, DOT and ECE 22.05 certified.

I've found a couple of helmets through kneedraggers, but I'm certainly open to suggestions from my fellow FZ6 riders:thumbup:

Hello,

Helmet City is your friend. Huge selection and they have sales ever so often!

Motorcycle helmets and Motorcycle helmet - Helmet City

On a side note, I recently purchase a Shoei X-11 and although it is twice or maybe thrice your budget I highly recommend it.

-M.

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received my second Scorpion EXO 700 in the mail. Got it for $150 on eBay ($50 below retail) and I love it just as much as I did my first one. I would recommend it to anybody, but make sure you go to a retailer and try one on first. Find a dealer near you

They have a cheaper helmet, EXO 400, but the padding inside is a lot less comfortable, IMO.

Hope this helps, it certainly falls within your price range ;)

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gonna try the Schuberth R1/S1 and maybe even the C3 in a couple of days,
they claim to have the quietest helmets ever, reviews are good, so if it fits, its mine :p

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on scorpion. 400 and 700 are very similar. 700 a bit longer in the chin, which gave me better coverage, but both felt about the same as my shoei when i tried them on. they seem head and shoulders above everything else in that price range. look for closeouts. sportbiketrackgear.com seems to specialize in them.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so I haven't ridden with it yet, but I just purchased an AGV Ti Tech today. Feels so comfortable on.. A tad tight, but will be fine once the padding settles down. I got the guy to throw in a Chrome Iridium Visor (even though the pics make it look like a dark visor.. it is chrome), all up $500.
Happy Birthday to me :D (and Fathers day probably...lol)
As Humpy said, ventilation looks excellent (almost the same as the Stealth).

View attachment 16919

View attachment 16920

View attachment 16921

Have previously been using a Shark RSF2Race, that's about 4 years old now, and the fit is rather loose. I thought about trying to get new padding for the Shark, but I went the new helmet option instead.

Can't wait to go for a ride now.

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so I haven't ridden with it yet, but I just purchased an AGV Ti Tech today. Feels so comfortable on.. A tad tight, but will be fine once the padding settles down. I got the guy to throw in a Chrome Iridium Visor (even though the pics make it look like a dark visor.. it is chrome), all up $500.

View attachment 16919

View attachment 16920

View attachment 16921

Have previously been using a Shark RSF2Race, that's about 4 years old now, and the fit is rather loose. I thought about trying to get new padding for the Shark, but I went the new helmet option instead.

Top looking helmet mate , im sure you'll enjoy it :thumbup:

spidersden

Reaction score
Visit site
These are a little more than you are wanting to spend, at ~$389, but I picked one up for my wife. She loved it so much that she made me buy one for myself. Very nice helmet, it's extremely light and the carbon fiber looks awesome on them. Joe Rocket Carbon RKT101 The only complaint I had about the helmet was that it didn't have a chin curtain, so I had a lot of bugs suck up into it during dusk/evening rides. I stole the curtain off my old Fulmer helmet and slapped it on a couple days ago. It doesn't fit exactly right, but it's working, so no more complaints.

I'd highly recommend NewEnough.com. I've purchased quite a few accessories and parts from them and their customer service dept is awesome. They've got a great return policy too, which I've used a few times.

If you're looking for extremely cheap, check their closeout helmet section:
Closeouts > Helmets :: New Enough, LTD

Their other helmets are listed here:
Helmets/Eyewear :: New Enough, LTD

I really don't work for them, but I am a very happy customer.

Good luck finding a new lid for your wife. I always enjoy it when my wife rides with me. If your wife is not used to riding, or you're not used to having a passenger, remember to take her out to a parking lot and practice swerving, emergency stopping, and all those other important skills that keep both of you alive.

Be safe!

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

View attachment 16919

View attachment 16920

View attachment 16921

Vey Schmick Dave...nice helmet, nice Chesterfield!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers mate. I just noticed I didn't mention where I got it.. Peter Stevens clearance shop... Normally $699.

As for the Chesterfield, I'd swap it for a nice comy lounge suite anyday... horrible bloody thing... lol

:)

The old Peter Stevens clearance shop has some great bargains...had my eye on a very nice Alpine Stars jacket there for a while noe...great prices...

Oh, and you can have your Chesterfield....stylish, but your right, uncomfortable!

:thumbup:

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this for my girlfriend. She says its awesome and cute, and she likes it. I ordered it on a tuesday, and had it on thursday.

Scorpion Ladies EXO-400 Paradise Motorcycle Helmet :: New Enough, LTD

The pictures really let it down. It looks awesome in person. 50$ for a scorpion helmet in pink/white/silver.

Got the same one for my Fiance. Didn't do a lot of shopping around to find a good price because they sell for about $50 less than the regular 400 :confused:. Whatever... She loves it and it does look really good in person.