New guy with a 2007 FZ6

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. New guy here with a new-to-me 2007 FZ6. Bought it 2 weeks ago, 1 owner, 15k miles, stock except for a Puig screen, bar risers, frame sliders, and the dual headlight mod (he spliced into the green wire at the handlebar). The previous owner babied it, almost new condition, except for a few light scratches from a gravel driveway tipover. Needs nothing except for new fluids and a chain cleaning. Already bought a Givi top rack for my 50L trunk.

This bike will be replacing my 2000 Kawi ZX-6R. For the general commuting and occasional 2-up riding I do, the FZ6 will be a better bike for me. I’m not a real aggressive rider, I did a couple track days on the ZX-6R, but don’t see myself doing anymore in the near future. Although the ZX-6R is a couch compared to modern supersport bikes, rides longer than 30 minutes have been uncomfortable on my knees and wrists. So I’m looking forward to selling the Kawi and putting some miles on my FZ6.

And now for some pics:
6956262734_9909ff3181_b.jpg

7102332531_d238291afc_b.jpg

6956262830_21b02fb798_b.jpg

6949127896_26be625017_b.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great family!
The FZ6 will be a great bike. It is so versatile when you get to know it.

Thanks for the pics and post often!:D

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
My first FZ was just like yours. Blue and an 07. I had a CBR600 before that and I don't miss that bike. The FZ is so much more comfortable. I think you will like it and not miss your Kawi. Congrats.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best forum out there. Also the best motorcycle too! Nice FZ6 reminds me of mine. The best and fastest color is the Blue. That's kind of a tight squeeze getting that in a SUV. Ride Safe And Enjoy The Ride. :thumbup:

Bowkill144

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats nice bike I just so happened to a buy a 2007 FZ6 yesterday as well! I am new on here as you are and so far I can say these guys are the best bunch on the internet!! Enjoy the new ride!!!
:welcome:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome, I've already found a lot of helpful info on this site.

Guitar man, I recognize your avatar from SBN, I haven't really been too active on that site lately though, been more on my local CT forum.

And yeah, bike in the minivan is doable, you just have to roll the bike in at like a 45 degree angle. I removed the windscreen and folded the mirrors. Removing the mirrors and possibly the bar ends would've helped a lot. The Kawi was a lot easier to stuff in the van for my trackday, but my DR350 was the worst because it's so tall.

7159595246_9e3e261f63_z.jpg

7159593566_47903b61e2_z.jpg

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Guitar man, I recognize your avatar from SBN, I haven't really been too active on that site lately though, been more on my local CT forum.

I haven't been active on there either. I'm on a local forum and just got back on this one. I've been thinking of going on there and trolling a little just to see what's been going on.

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, and don't forget to check the steering head bearings. They were good on mine, but apparently they did not pack them well on some. Really one of the only problems you may encounter with this bike.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Matt I made the same move myself. Had a 2001 ZX6R that the PO painted up to look like a newer ZZR. Don't miss it in the least bit.

I can't believe you fit those bikes in the minivan! Might have to try this with my grandparents caravan when I'm ready to do a track day with my CBR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and welcome!! Got the same bike I do:thumbup: Have fun with it!

erm how can you both HAVE THE SAME BIKE? :BLAA: (alright i'm playing retard:D)

OP welcome aboard. enjoy your fz. after getting used to it you ll find it difficult to replace it with other bikes short of an fz1 or an fjr! its a very versatile machine, you can take it a bit off road too if you fancy:eek: yes it does it!