agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
pics to follow some time this coming weekend:

Tonight I spent a couple of hours fitting my re-painted grab rail and a new LED tail light and some wiring to facilitate the install of some hyper-lites in the next week or so.

Just wanna thank Puttin Along for selling me the grabrail and a few others for advice on getting the light to fit, phranK2k11, tigrtraps, TownsendsFJR1300 and OZXJR. Thanks guys, without your input I nearly returned the light and decided against doing the whole mod!

It all eventually fitted with minor hassles, the trick(I think) , is to lay the grab rail upside down on a flat surface with a towel underneath it to protect its finish and just put pressure on the two handles. it opens up the cavity for the tail light and it almost just slides in. Worked a treat!:Flash:

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the moto expo today and sat on the mt-09 and the mt-07, I think I could get used to either of them.
I did sit on the speed and street triples and I have to say not really happy with the ergs.
Sat on a few harleys and as I have always found the seats are hard as and the ergs dont suit me I was pleasantly surprised by the Victory, but he biggest surprise was the Indian Scout. If I was in the market for a cruiser, that would be it. just felt perfect.

Any way after I came out I took a few pics of the bike in a park with the grab rail, and after that I came home and now have fitted the hyperlites, which will have to wait til tomorrow for a pic or mabe a little video clip.

anyway:

the first pic is the grab rail after I had done a good half hour of wet/dry sanding, this is what I showed to the painter who just said VHT pressure pak/rattle can stripper. dontworry about sanding all that paint off.
after spraying it and letting it sit I put it in a big tub of hot water with dishwasher powder and it really sizzles and helps get the paint off. scrubbing brush and toothbrush in al the nooks and crannies. two cans of stripper and then a final wet/dry and the painter said I'd done a fine job of prepping.
the next shot shows the bike as it was earlier this year before I bought OZXJR's Delkovik exhaust.

next two shots are the bike with the repainted grab rail and the cans.

I ended up putting the hyperlites up under the cowl behind the pods.
Looks good, hidden away but when the sun goes down I get this eerie red glow up under the cans and reflecting off all the black bits.