New..Good price?

pghpens

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, thinking about a second bike. Want to dealer today they had one, black looks nice! OK,the price for bike is 5499 plus fees tax out the door for $6,200. So what do you think is it a good price?

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
If it was an MV Agusta I'd say "Hell Yeah" otherwise I'm not sure as I don't know what bike your talking about.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but really what bike is your "second"?

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
That's not bad at all. I'd say you could probably still get it lower, but for new it could be worse. I was looking at a new one that a dealership still had, and they refused to go below $7,300.

Jomomma

I'm not a Junior Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like pretty decent deal,when I was looking for mine, I think the lowest price I could find for new was 5200.

Keep us posted.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
2009 Fz6 Black new!

That price isn't horrible, but keep in mind that it's still a two year old bike even if it has zero miles on the odometer.

For comparison, I got my 2008 FZ6 in 2008 for $6,420 out the door. I'd make them a more conservative offer unless you're comfortable paying $6,200 of course.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $6200 in may of 08 for my 08 but my dad was a dealer and called in a favor. All of you also have to keep in mind, it doesn't matter what year that bike is. Dealer still has to pay dealer cost to Yamaha. Dealer cost on an 08 was 5800 so I would be willing to bet dealer on that 09 is $6000 so they are already taking about a $600 loss when you factor in how much it cost them to floor plan that bike for the last two years.

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That price isn't horrible, but keep in mind that it's still a two year old bike even if it has zero miles on the odometer.

For comparison, I got my 2008 FZ6 in 2008 for $6,420 out the door. I'd make them a more conservative offer unless you're comfortable paying $6,200 of course.

No warranty on a 2nd hand 08 model , buy a brand new 09 runout for a similar price & you still have the fully Yamaha factory warranty :thumbup: Just one man opinion on a little extra piece of mind ;)

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
Since you are looking for a commuter, have you considered getting a used one with a few miles to shave off the top of the price? Figuring you will clock the miles up pretty fast anyway, maybe the extra premium for a brand new is better spend elsewhere... like new gear or a few mods?

Just a thought :)

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
No warranty on a 2nd hand 08 model , buy a brand new 09 runout for a similar price & you still have the fully Yamaha factory warranty :thumbup: Just one man opinion on a little extra piece of mind ;)
I agree with Hump get the extra piece of mind with the warranty

1.8tbora

Stealth FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Man! I only paid $5074 out the door for a 09 raven edition last July. Talk them down, or see if the match prices with other dealers.

pghpens

Reaction score
Visit site
Man! I only paid $5074 out the door for a 09 raven edition last July. Talk them down, or see if the match prices with other dealers.

That's a crazy price especially otd! But i did it i bought it last night for 6,200 otd. Going to pick it up today. You know i almost bought a brand new 2007 sv650s but dealer wanted too much for it I thought 5,700 otd....for a 07 i don't think so! Plus I already have the baddest bike around zx-14. So I choose comfort over sport this time. The sv is quicker butt the fz6 is faster and way better looking!! Cant wait to pick her up:rockon:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
That's not bad at all. I'd say you could probably still get it lower, but for new it could be worse. I was looking at a new one that a dealership still had, and they refused to go below $7,300.

Same here. (Last summer they dropped down to $6200 for about three weeks due to some sort of factory incentive but that is long gone) If he can get a new one for that price he had better grab it!