New FZ6

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally had time to get the MC washed and waxed. I have a 2000 Crownline 202 that I started refinishing before the boating season started, so that has taken most of my time--wetsanding 800, 1200, 1500 grit then two compounds and then a sealant/polish. WHEW! Of course my Dewalt threw a nut, sheared it right in half--so I had to improvise and only got half the boat done. But that created an opportunity to get the FZ6 cleaned up.

I'm taking the MSF course at the end of July. For now I'm focusing on studying the repair manual and going to do some flushing and minor maintenance. I posted in the other thread about purchase, but this is a 2004 with 19,900 miles.

Anyone else with this design 2004 windshield have pointers how to get the inside dry?

988362_10151500497259285_1257618765_n.jpg

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Great suggestions! The leaf blower was even hanging just out of sight in that pic too. That sucker might blow off the windscreen so ill have to dial it down.

Speaking of that, is there supposed to be a screw at the lowest point of the windscreen? And is the windscreen pictured the standard or touring?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats and interesting wind shield, looks like it covers most of the fairing from the point up.
Definatly not stock.
And dont worry about dialing down your leaf blower, let it rip..100MPH winds are (or should be) nothing..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have the $, I have and really like the "Air Force Blaster".

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-B3-CD-Blaster-Motorcycle/dp/B0000CCXWA/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header]Metro Vacuum B3-CD Air Force Blaster 10-Amp 4-HP Motorcycle Dryer - Amazon.com[/ame]

I can wash the bike and dry it COMPLETLY with NO towels, strickly the blower. It filters the air and warms it slightly too.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the Yamaha touring screen, use to have one, too much wind buffeting, you would be better off with a puig double bubble screen. Yes there is a screw right underneath the nose just follow the screen and you will see it very easy to take off and put on.

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the Yamaha touring screen, use to have one, too much wind buffeting, you would be better off with a puig double bubble screen. Yes there is a screw right underneath the nose just follow the screen and you will see it very easy to take off and put on.

I was asking because there isn't a screw there. Sure, There is a hole where one should be, but nothing there. No idea what size is supposed to be there!

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
I was asking because there isn't a screw there. Sure, There is a hole where one should be, but nothing there. No idea what size is supposed to be there!

I have the exact same screen and mine didn't have a screw either. Drove me nuts because the darn thing would rattle over any bump. I finally went to the hardware store and got it fixed. The problem with this shield, is the hole in the screen is bigger than the hole in the fairing so I had to find something that would even up the holes and not allow movement (which translates to rattles). Ultimately, I ended up using this [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Toggler-Drywall-Plastic-FF-B-588D-Specifications/dp/B0051IB9JC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1369837422&sr=8-5&keywords=drywall+anchor"]Anchor[/ame]. A hobby knife and some patience are needed as you will have to trim it to get it to fit in there but once it does, it's pretty secure and the rattling is so much better.

As far as buffeting, I haven't really noticed it very much with this screen. I'm not a fan of it per se and would like something different, but for now, it's fine as it is.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: