New FZ6

Bowkill144

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys!
I am new here and i am about to get back into riding after a 20 year break from it, I know what was I thinking but life can sometimes throw you some curve balls. I stated out riding 2 stroke motorcross bikes, then 2 stroke street bikes RD400 built to scream, I then owned a 1982 550 seca and as of late I have been riding a friends 600 radiant and a newer fz6 a few times when they let me LOL! Well I am about to turn 50 and want a birthday present and a newer FZ6 would be the perfect one. So far my options have been used 2007 to 2009 used FZ6's on craigs list which they are all asking more than KBB and nada high retail not sure why? I have also found a new leftover 2009 fz6 at a dealership which lists for 7290 and has an advertised price of 6849 which is before i try to hagel with them. I would like your input on what a good price should be for a new 2009 or a used one with low mileage? Also is there some other price source these guys are using to come up with there asking price? Sorry about the long post and by the way this is a great site and I can not wait to be able to ride an fz6 to work everyday the weather lets me.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best and friendliest forum. My story is identical to yours, even the RD400!!! My fav bike of all time, sadly stolen. Guess you're having your middle age crisis like I did? :BLAA:

The FZ6 is a great bike for me. I just commute to/from work and putter around the 'hood. I found mine on Craigslist two years ago, but it took me 1 1/2 years of searching all kinds of ads before I finally pulled the trigger.

Look around competitive ads for your area and you'll get a feel for pricing. It is the start of the riding season, so expect to pay a little more. The $7290 seems high for a 2009, IMHO. Good luck with your search!

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Also take a look around other areas of the country. I bought my 2007 last year used, with just over 2000 miles on it, scorpion exhaust, for $4k off of craigslist. It might be worth a dive to the right "deal".

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, prices can vary a lot by area and season. With reason two being in full swing right now, they know they can get a bit more money from buyers due to the warm weather.

I used statewidelist.com to find my bike in a surrounding state. Drove 4 hours one way to pick it up. Well worth the deal I got on it in my eyes.

Bowkill144

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input Guy's. I talked with the dealership about the new 2009 FZ6 leftover and they are firm at 6849 + 400 frieght and setup so I think I will keep looking local for a low mileage 2007 to 2009. Thanks for the search tips and by July if I have not found something,I will start looking outside my local 100 mile area. I think with a little patience I will find one.

David Thompson

Reaction score
Visit site
send emails to the craigslist guys asking for more info and if the price is firm. maybe they could remove some mods you may not want too

Bowkill144

Reaction score
Visit site
I am trying to set up an appt. to see a 2007 with less than 5K on it for 3600, The pics look good, we will see it is a burgundy color I think I would prefer a black or a blue machine but this could be the best deal I have seen so far. Wish me Luck!

Bowkill144

Reaction score
Visit site
I am trying to set up an appt. to see a 2007 with less than 5K on it for 3600, The pics look good, we will see it is a burgundy color I think I would prefer a black or a blue machine but this could be the best deal I have seen so far. Wish me Luck!
Well i bought it, it is in very good shape i will need a tire pretty soon but it looks good for the rest of this season. Very nice guy and he seems very honest and reasonable. I t looks mint never dropped and it looks from the tire it was ridden pretty lite. I was not sure about the burgundy color, but I fell in love with it when I saw it and the wife even at 53 years old said that thing looks hot you should buy it, God i love her!!!
Thanks Guys I will post a pic when I get it home! Thank you for all the info on this site and the responces to my questions were awesome. I will have a few more in the near future as well !

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
$3600 for an 07 in great condition is a pretty good deal,,, congrats!! and welcome.

The FZ6 is a very good bike for a returning rider,, I'm 51 and I "returned" to riding about 10 or so years ago after a few years off, and still lovin it. I ride every day weather allows. I "returned" on a Honda Spirit 750, after a couple bikes in the interum, now I'm on a 09 FZ1 and the wifes bike is an 07 FZ6. I also have a 06 Roadstar that I customized for when I feel like chrome sniffin' and showin' harleys what the Japs can do with a V-Twin :D.

Again, Welcome.

Later, Phil

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratz on finding one so quickly! Sounds like you got a good deal and the faster red version.

We need to see some pictures! :needpics:

Be careful and ride safe.

Darken Dioxen

Reaction score
Visit site
I bet I know who this is!

Congrats on the new ride Bowkill! Loking forward to seeing you on the road soon...breakfast ride after you get it on the road?

DD

Bowkill144

Reaction score
Visit site
HI Darken
Ya its me but how wierd if there was a guy with that story and it ended up not being me LOL!!! The ride sounds good! Breakfast sounds Great!! I will post a pic soon Guys!!
Thanks
Gene

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
the pic didnt load, but we welcome you anyway lol.
Congrats on the purchase, this here forum is beaut, nice people and good advice
what more could you want??

Bowkill144

Reaction score
Visit site
What is the best way to upload pics on here and i am sorry about this question Iam sure it is easy and has been answered a million times.
Thanks
Gene

Bowkill144

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I figured out how to post a pic Ya me LOL!!! I am geting old and Tech is passing me by i need to get in the fast lane and catch up !!
View attachment 42166
I took it out last night for my first real ride and I still can not get the smile off my face!!!

Thanks Guys!!
Gene