New FZ1

Nedlob

Reaction score
Visit site
:eek:

Take it above 8k and you'll have your answer. This aint no lawnmower engine.

Edit-

Congrats on the new FZ too!

I got my tags this morning and took her out today. FZ6 screams for 600cc
You are absolutely right it is not a lawmmower. At 8k this bike can do some serious damage, and that is just to start. How do you deal with the constant wind in your face all the time?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my tags this morning and took her out today. FZ6 screams for 600cc
You are absolutely right it is not a lawmmower. At 8k this bike can do some serious damage, and that is just to start. How do you deal with the constant wind in your face all the time?

Pussy. Sorry couldn't resist. :justkidding: "Just drive she said" (Think Stan Ridgeway)

I did a bonzi run this weekend into a 20 to 30 mph wind off the Gulf. Just twist and go brother. Your hammies will get a work out. Just wait until you ride your first twisties, you'll forget all about the ST. The FZ is flickable, the ST ain't.

Nedlob

Reaction score
Visit site
After a Full 10days of riding my Nused FZ6 I have come to some conclusions. 1. This is an Awesome bike with all of the power that a street rider would ever need, riding responsibly. It is not a Lawn Mower engine by any means. I like it much better than my ST1300. I took a 500 mile ride (roundtrip) up to the PA and I never experienced any discomfort with the seat. Riding position is perfect. Riding with leather is a must and I have to get use to the Wind in your face all the time. Tight Bike;);)

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get a Puig racing screen and an after market exhaust and I think all of your dreams will come true:thumbup:

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride a FJR1300 for touring and longer rides, but to work and just goofing off
I like to ride my FZ6. It is much more manuverable and easy to park than
the Feejer. But on the highway the Feejer is definetly the king of the road.
The seat on my FZ is a two or three hour at most thing at most.
The two make a great pair, I think you will love life with both bikes.
You can not have too many bikes anyway.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like a lawnmore but I must admit it takes off and screams.

No arguments there, I actually called it more of a sewing machine sound :Flip: I only had my stock exhaust on for a couple weeks before I replaced it with the 2 bros slip ons to get some much needed GRRRR, I couldn't be happier.

Glad to hear the bike is suiting your needs and exceeding your expectations!! Now get modding!!

Edit-

How do you deal with the constant wind in your face all the time?

Puig touring windshield should help some with this. :thumbup:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
All talk about FZ1's poor mpg is BS. On the same twisty ride FZ6 returned 48 mpg whereas FZ1 returned 44mpg. Compare that to the power and quality components you get, you can't go wrong with the FZ1.