New from Ontario

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

New member from Ontario, Canada. I've had a 2005 Ninja 500 for the past couple years, so I'm stepping up now.

I'm going to look at a 2007 FZ6 tomorrow and had a question...

On the Wikipedia page, it mentions that post 2007 there was a standard version and an S2 version which seems to be superior.

How do you tell the difference?

Will post up more details, but I've gotta wake up @ 5:30am tomorrow so I'm a bit tired :D

Thanks!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

New member from Ontario, Canada. I've had a 2005 Ninja 500 for the past couple years, so I'm stepping up now.

On the Wikipedia page, it mentions that post 2007 there was a standard version and an S2 version which seems to be superior.

Will post up more details, but I've gotta wake up @ 5:30am tomorrow so I'm a bit tired :D

Thanks!

:welcome:

The '07+ bikes are considered the S2. You get better gauges with full analog tach, R6 brakes (floating 4 pot calipers), swing-arm, windshield options.

Coming from a 500cc twin, I think you'll find the FZ6 much better on the highway. Smooth and powerful.

Around town, you might find it tricky with the I4 character and narrow clutch engagement. Don't be shy revving it. :D

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, the 07+ US bikes are the S2 versions. Unless you are buying the european version, you'll get the S2.

From the wiki:
European versions other than the S2 have reduced power of 78 hp

Get pics of the bike, especially if you buy it! Update us after you look at it.:thumbup: Hopefully you are looking at the faster blue model!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to a fantastic forum and motorcycle. I'm sure you will love both. Please post pictures! Ride Safe And Enjoy The Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum Don't panic, are you getting ready to celebrate towel day? ;)

Here's another thread about differences between the S and the S2 bikes, I think the canadian bikes are the same as the US ones but I'm not sure.

Mixing references, but 'Keep Calm and Carry a Towel' makes me think of southpark.

images

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum Don't panic, are you getting ready to celebrate towel day? ;)

Here's another thread about differences between the S and the S2 bikes, I think the canadian bikes are the same as the US ones but I'm not sure.

:eek: Another HGTG fan! No one got my name on the other forum haha :D\

Unfortunately it wasn't the faster blue one ;)

Here's a pic!

rszimg20130523160522.jpg

Last edited:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear you didn't get the faster blue but you will still be ok with this one :D

It's the S2 model.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Welcome to the site,
There was a reduced power version prior to the S2 which mainly affected Europe. This was to drive sales of the newer S2.
Check out the thread "The great Yamaha con, where have all my horses gone" or something like that. It was well discussed as were the ways of telling which engine power model you have. The 78HP or 98HP.

Good Luck,

Neil

kpedro

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. This forum is very friendly and informative especially for first time fz owners. It's nice to see more fz riders in Ontario since it doesn't seem like there are many of us.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
Where abouts in Ontario are you? im in the Belleville/Kingston area right now, but ill be in Muskoka for the summer, I think I looked at a very similar bike on kijiji when I was searching for one in the late winter, whats the milage?

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in London, 2 hours SE of Toronto. I'm glad I keep choosing the bikes with the friendly forums! Most of the guys at ex-500.com are great too.

I'm sure I'll enjoy being here!

This one has 17k on it.

On a side note (no pun intended) this bike makes one of the nicest noises I've heard from a bike.