New Forks Installed!!!

S

sportrider

I still have a bad high speed vibration. so in the process of checking out everything on the bike I decided to swap out my forks.
here are some pics from the process. (enjoy)

P.S. I think the new forks are really sharp!!!

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:D

An obvious attempt too reduce the un-sprung mass. Rather than using the USD route he has gone down the less conventional BBQ path. :eek:

W

wrightme43

LOL
When I saw the thumbnails I was like WTF over?
Thats great.
Why did you take your forks off?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
someone has WAY too much time on their hands:D

I agree! Obviously, Danny's not watching too much football. Unlike me, I went to the Hawaii vs. UNLV football game last night to go and see the future Heisman Trophy winner Colt Brennan. Leaving the game was great on the bike, I think I would still be stuck in traffici if I was a cager.

S

sportrider

Obviously, Danny's not watching too much football.
no, I don't much care for watching men it tights!!!:D

I pulled the front end to see if there was anything wrong. (steering head bearings, forks binding, anything loose) I still have that dang vibration once I get over 100MPH. I just had the tires balanced, that seemed to help a little but its back with a vengeance. I'm getting really p.o.
I called the dealer they said it could be caused by steering head bearings being loose, the forks binding, or the geometery being off??? (whatever that means) as well as a bent rim. I figured I'd check everything I could for wear or being out of spec for torque. so far I've found nothing!!! I'm starting to think I have a bad tire(which really makes me mad because I just bought them and they only have 2000 miles on them) anyways I took my misfortune and desided to spread a little sunshine on the forum:thumbup:

P.S. can someone look at there bike for me and tell me if the forklegs were lined up flush with the top clamp or if the cap was sticking out a little??? in all my frustration I forgot to make a mental note of there position.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
P.S. can someone look at there bike for me and tell me if the forklegs were lined up flush with the top clamp or if the cap was sticking out a little??? in all my frustration I forgot to make a mental note of there position.

Danny

mine is up maybe a 1/32 nd -- nearly but not quite flush

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still have a bad high speed vibration. so in the process of checking out everything on the bike I decided to swap out my forks.
here are some pics from the process. (enjoy)

P.S. I think the new forks are really sharp!!!
Is that the new FZ6 plough?

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Danny, I just figured out what is wrong with your bike.

You are going WAY TOO FAST!!! :eek:

Have you considered trading it in for a slower blue one to help with this problem?

J/K :Flip:

S

sportrider

hmmmm trade her in huh??? naw I think I'll keep her a little longer:D