New EvoTech Tail Tidy Fitted

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

Recieved My New Tail Tidy today,:rockon: so went about fitting it. Only problems I had was replacing the "plastic cover" which covers the wire's underneath the seat/exhaust. Other than that pretty straight forward. Nearly forgot, I had to cut a little piece out of my number plate underneath the tail light. But I am getting a new one made up, a slightly smaller one.

Also you may notice there is no reflector on there, where the hell do you put it?:confused: it's just a small stick on one that came with the pack. Was going to stick it on the bottom of the number plate, but I will wait till I get the new one.

I've attached some photo's showing stock, new, and a view from underneath.

Cheers

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
That's an unfortunately large license plate you have to put on there...eliminator looks great though!

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I fitted one last year. Problem being there is no reflector, which is a requirement. I bought some reflective tape and cut out a small piece, to stick onto the number plate light. As far as I know the law says you must have one, but doesn't dictate the size :D

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I fitted one last year. Problem being there is no reflector, which is a requirement. I bought some reflective tape and cut out a small piece, to stick onto the number plate light. As far as I know the law says you must have one, but doesn't dictate the size :D

Looks like I will be doing the same, sticking to the light. And you are right it's the law to have reflector.

Cheers

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't stick anything to the plate, it is now against the law and they are pretty strict on it. Gives em an excuse to pull you.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
No, I'd thought about that and decided against it. As far as I know the only stipulation is that there must be a rear reflector, but nothing is said about the size of it.

Oddly enough the Evotech was supposed to come with a reflector, but it certainly wasn't in the box when it arrived - it was one of the many reasons I purchased an Evotech. I fitted it anyway, since it's a vast improvement.

I'll try get a photo of the backend of my bike tomorrow if I'm not working and the sun puts in an appearance.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't mean to be a kill joy, but please make sure your number plate is correct. It just gives the boys in blue an excuse to pull you and give you a hard time. Even your current one is not correct.

Same with the reflector, you will fail an MOT (not an issue now I know) without one, I've seen it happen.

Apart from that it looks great. :D

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't mean to be a kill joy, but please make sure your number plate is correct. It just gives the boys in blue an excuse to pull you and give you a hard time. Even your current one is not correct.

Same with the reflector, you will fail an MOT (not an issue now I know) without one, I've seen it happen.

Apart from that it looks great. :D

No your not being a killjoy, just stating fact's no problem with that at all.

As I said in earlier post I will be getting a new plate made up albeit a slightly smaller one. But within the DVLA rules.

Reflector will be fitted to the tail light area, not on the plate.

What's wrong with the plate?

Cheers

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No your not being a killjoy, just stating fact's no problem with that at all.

As I said in earlier post I will be getting a new plate made up albeit a slightly smaller one. But within the DVLA rules.

Reflector will be fitted to the tail light area, not on the plate.

What's wrong with the plate?

Cheers

The plate should show a BS number and a postcode of the maker. Looks like a sticker from the dealer is over the top of it, hard to tell from the photo. I'm just being fussy. :thumbup:

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
The plate should show a BS number and a postcode of the maker. Looks like a sticker from the dealer is over the top of it, hard to tell from the photo. I'm just being fussy. :thumbup:

The BS number and postcode are there, difficult to see on photo, but I can assure you they are there.:thumbup:

It's not a dealer sticker, it's part of the plate. Shame not a sticker as I would take it off, I hate stickers on plate's.

Cheers

Last edited:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The BS number and postcode are there, difficult to see on photo, but I can assure you they are there.:thumbup:

It's not a dealer sticker, it's part of the plate. Shame not a sticker as I would take it off, I hate stickers on plate's.

Cheers

Stickers...Yeah, they just look cheap.

Have you thought about changing the indicators?

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Stickers...Yeah, they just look cheap.

Have you thought about changing the indicators?

Yes, when I was refitting the originals:rolleyes: I will get some soon, but the wife is getting suspicious of all the packages arriving at the door. Wait till the scorpions arrive:eek: Just hope I'm in to answer the door:D

Do you know good place to get some?

Cheers

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, when I was refitting the originals:rolleyes: I will get some soon, but the wife is getting suspicious of all the packages arriving at the door. Wait till the scorpions arrive:eek: Just hope I'm in to answer the door:D

Do you know good place to get some?

Cheers

I know what you mean. :D

Lots of different stuff around, I just put some smoked lenses on mine as I hate the amber ones. LEDS ones need a different relay or load resistors. Make sure they are E-Marked, damn I should do health and safety. :thumbup:

gamestone

Reaction score
www.gamestone.co.uk
No, I'd thought about that and decided against it. As far as I know the only stipulation is that there must be a rear reflector, but nothing is said about the size of it.

Oddly enough the Evotech was supposed to come with a reflector, but it certainly wasn't in the box when it arrived - it was one of the many reasons I purchased an Evotech. I fitted it anyway, since it's a vast improvement.

Are you sure it never came with one, I thought the same thing, but it's the small Evotech sticker second up on the right (shinning due to the camera flash).

evotech_tail_tidy_05.jpg

I fitted one of these, excellent build quality and make the bike back end look much better.

http://www.gamestone.co.uk/bike/bike_12_fz6_fazer_s2/modifications_evotech_tail_tidy.php

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure it never came with one, I thought the same thing, but it's the small Evotech sticker second up on the right (shinning due to the camera flash).

evotech_tail_tidy_05.jpg

I fitted one of these, excellent build quality and make the bike back end look much better.

http://www.gamestone.co.uk/bike/bike_12_fz6_fazer_s2/modifications_evotech_tail_tidy.php

I had a reflector with my package, maybe they just forgot to put one in there. Don't know where to put it?

So I got some reflector tape and applied this. What you think? Ignore the number plate as I will be getting a new one.

Cheers

gamestone

Reaction score
www.gamestone.co.uk
I may use Wheel Stripe tape (as I have some left over Red reflective) as it's reflective and 7mm wide, just stick them either side of the number plate.

I know it's an MOT failure not to have a rear reflector but I'm not sure what the law is on rear reflector size or position.

EDIT: I just found this about the UK MOT test, it does mention the rear reflector.

http://www.motuk.com/Motorcycle MOT.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bikes must have a red REFLECTOR on the rear of the machine, either bolted on separately or as part of the tail light lens.[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
I may use Wheel Stripe tape (as I have some left over Red reflective) as it's reflective and 7mm wide, just stick them either side of the number plate.

As the bike is an 08 plate you can't legally stick anything on the plate the rules are now very strict with regards number plates. This is all to do with the automatic number plate recognition equipment that is used by a number of enforcement agencies.