New Bike VS the Ol' Fz6!

spamthefood

Reaction score
Visit site
So last week I found a great deal on a new bike and went for it. Shes a Buell XB12r Firebolt and I have to say it was love at first rev.

I went up to the canyons this weekend and now I can confidently give a comparison to the FZ6 for everyone here.

First things first, the FZ is hands down more comfortable. The sitting position though is surprisingly similar except the foot pegs are much higher up on the Buell. One problem I encountered was that when riding hard and shifting my weight a lot, I got tired a lot quicker on the Buell than I used to on the fz. Another thing is that, when I’m cruising my right hand tends to go numb from the vibrations, but I’m sure some weight on the bars will fix this problem.

Even though the Buell has clip ons the handle bars are sill pretty high so it doesn't feel like a ninja/r6. One thing I really like about the bike is that leaning off of it in a corner is A LOT like the FZ so it came pretty naturally. The fz6 was a lot easier to throw around but the Buell will eat up any corner at any speed. It's easy to get ahead in over your head with a bigger/faster bike but I felt very comfortable that the Buell could handle whatever I was doing.

Riding around in 80+ degree heat I quickly realized that a major downside to the air cooled Buell is that my seat and right leg get VERY warm. I’m sure I’ll dig it once winter comes around but as of right now, I’ve been telling people that it’s the perfect bike except I cant figure out how to turn off the seat warmer.

All in all I’m VERY happy with my purchase. The raw power, the handling, the awesome Harley sound, and never having to clean a chain make up for any downsides. Not to mention Buells are just good looking.

P.S. I let Garrett (MarinaFazer) try it at the last ride night and his first words after getting off were 'Alright, I'll stop trash talking the Buell'

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Awesome to get a deal and a new exciting ride! And you have BOTH bikes? Lucky bastid!!! :D :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool! The Firebolt is a great bike. Yeah, the leg warmer, you know there is no extra charge for that option, and it is standard on all Buells.

They are a great handling bike. I really liked the change to a USD fork from a traditional one; much less twist. The frame/tank is super stiff too.

I assume you've found Bad Web? Buell Motorcycle Forums, Information, Tech Support, Photos, Performance Parts, & Advice - BadWeB

I really don't like the site that well, poor lay out, impossible search; but there is a wealth of knowledge if you can sift through the knuckleheads.

Enjoy the new ride Spam! :D :thumbup:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are a pretty sweet bike. I have never had the pleasure of riding a Buell yet but it's on my bucket list. Can't afford 3 bikes. :thumbup: