New Belly Pan w/pics

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed my new Belly Pan from Simpson-Detour. There was a minor fitment issue with the attachment point by, what I believe is the radiator overflow tank. Nothing that could not be overcome but again not a "perfect" fit. That said I am happy with it and think it does the job nicely and nobody short of another owner of this pan will even notice. Next on the list is the Rizoma FE kit along with their Zero 11 indicators. Unfortunately on back order. Can you believe they take time off in August as in the entire plant shuts down? :spank: Actually I am just a tad jealous. A couple of pics to satisfy the masses.

View attachment 6419

View attachment 6420

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow!!! That looks great, love the CF look. Once installed, does it give you free access to do oil changes?? How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!
Is the fitment issue that you mentioned the close proximity of the oil cooler outlet-to-radatior hose (on the left) with the upper part of the new under-spoiler?

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that looks reeeallll nice!!!!...:thumbup: Mine is getting delivered tomorrow between 2-4pm. Missed the first delivery attempt Friday :(... I got the oem bellypan because it comes painted red. A black or carbon fiber pan wouldnt look as good on a red bike as it does on the black or blue one IMO. Again congrats on an awesome addition to that black beauty.

add.......Whats up with aftermarket parts not fitting PERFECTLY. after they finish making the prototype and seeing that it doesnt fit properly, why dont they correct the problem before they produce the part? WTF??? Rant over

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
that looks reeeallll nice!!!!...:thumbup: Mine is getting delivered tomorrow between 2-4pm. Missed the first delivery attempt Friday :(... I got the oem bellypan because it comes painted red. A black or carbon fiber pan wouldnt look as good on a red bike as it does on the black or blue one IMO. Again congrats on an awesome addition to that black beauty.

add.......Whats up with aftermarket parts not fitting PERFECTLY. after they finish making the prototype and seeing that it doesnt fit properly, why dont they correct the problem before they produce the part? WTF??? Rant over

Its due to the molds.

The company that is making the aftermarket part got the mold from someone else. The company they got the mold from got their mold from another mold. So after make a mold of a mold of a mold, all it takes is one person not catching one thing and everyone is screwed. Thats whay alot of these race bodies for sportbikes look like crap when you get them on. In the magazine everything lines up and all, but once on the bike, you have large gaps and weird lines...

My friend works for a carbon fiber shop that does alot for the cup cars and such. He informs me of these things.

-bryan

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!
Is the fitment issue that you mentioned the close proximity of the oil cooler outlet-to-radatior hose (on the left) with the upper part of the new under-spoiler?

The fitment issue I think may have to do with the model year of the bike or the fact it is Made possibly for overseas FZ6's. Although the website does not specify model year I took a chance. The problem is located, as you face the radiator, on the left. There is a what looks like an overflow tank for the Rad or something along those lines. One of the 4 brackets for the belly pan mounts to a Tab on the motor. That tab also helps, with a bolt support a bracket that secures the tank. The nut and bolt that comes with the kit is to small to secure the factory bracket. Long story short the Belly pan bracket that goes there is supposed to go behind this flange or tab. What I ended up doing was mounting it to the front of the same flange and using the original factory bolt. The end result is it pushes the belly pan in that spot out about 3/8" of an inch. Oh yeh sorry also forgot to mention the hole on the Belly pan bracket for that location was to small to fit the factory bolt so I had to drill it out to fit the bolt. Sorry if this scares anyone as its not as bad as it sounds and for me it was worth it to have Carbon look. Even with all I have mentioned it was a 20 minute install and for me is the look i wanted.

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow!!! That looks great, love the CF look. Once installed, does it give you free access to do oil changes?? How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the positive comment. It was about $185.00 dollars. As far as the oil change I would say no. But the Belly Pan comes off with 4 Allen head bolts which takes about 2 minutes. You could leave the brackets in place and you would be fine.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Belly pans do look damn good, this may be a silly question, but what real use do they have, as i said i do love the way they look.,