New 1" Lowered Pegs

PhysicsGeek

Reaction score
Visit site
For all you tall riders like me (6'4"), we can use all the extra leg room we can get. After browsing the forums and seeing the Buell pegs as a kind-of solution I thought there must be a better way.

So, after searching the web, I came across a husband and wife team that makes custom lowered pegs for other bikes. I emailed them and asked about making some for the FZ6. They said sure, and fzme was kind enough to donate his rearsets to the project. Here is the Knight Design website where they can be ordered in many colors and one other style. They can probably make custom passenger pegs too, just email them and ask. (Disclaimer: I am in no way making any kind of money from this, just trying to contribute to the FZ6 community and help out taller riders) Riding with them over the last few weeks has been great, my knees no longer hit the tank so high where it is wide. No difference in vibrations or traction on them. Anyway, Let me know if you have any questions, here are the results (full picture set here):

P5154148.JPG

P5154144.JPG

Last edited:

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
neat, thanks for sharing....not just for tall riders either, I'm 5-8 with a
30 in inseam and could use a little more room too...two questions:

1) $?
2) control adjustments? I can see the rear brake will rotate on that spline
real easy, howabout the shifter? did you adjust the controls? and if so, was
getting the shifter in the right location a pain?

thanks

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
neat, thanks for sharing....not just for tall riders either, I'm 5-8 with a
30 in inseam and could use a little more room too...two questions:

1) $?
2) control adjustments? I can see the rear brake will rotate on that spline
real easy, howabout the shifter? did you adjust the controls? and if so, was
getting the shifter in the right location a pain?

thanks
This is from their website. Don't know if this answers your question or not.
I think the price was $75?

Installation Notes/ Lever Adjustment

Right side:

Remove the bolt securing the brake lever to the spline. Slide the lever off the spline, rotate it clockwise 1 tooth, and slide it back on. This will lower the toe pin to almost the stock position relative to the new peg. Test and lower further if desired. Make sure to re-tighten the bolt once the height is as you like it.

Left side:

Remove the shift lever pivot pin bolt to get the peg pin out.

Adjust the connecting rod shorter to rotate the shift pin down. The shift lever will need to be bent out slightly to clear the kickstand mounting bolt. This is most easily done with a 13mm or 1/2” closed end wrench. Push the rubber pad on the toe pin inward exposing the very end of the pin, slip the wrench over the pin, and use the wrench as a cheater bar to bend the lever out slightly.

Test if the shift lever is bent far enough out by trying to shift from neutral to first gear. Observe if the lever clears the kickstand bolt. Test and adjust until you’re happy with the height of the toe pin.

Shift up and down, and make sure there are no interferences with the shift lever or connecting rod.

Re-tighten the bolts and re-mount the cotter pins. We recommend re-applying blue Loctite to the pivot point bolt prior to tightening it after the new peg is installed, and using new cotter pins to replace the old ones you removed.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey PhysicsGeek, have you had any scraping on sharp turns? At 6'5" I could use all the legroom I could get... Thanks for the head's-up!

PhysicsGeek

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I haven't responded sooner here, I've been on travel for work and trying to prepare to move.

Anyway, adjusting the levers is pretty easy with some simple tools.

Botch, You'll probably drag a peg if you scrap your stock ones. If you still want lower pegs but are concerned about dragging pegs, shoot them an email and ask if they'll to 3/4" drop for you. They were very easy to work with.

Keep the top side up guys.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, PhysicGeek. I've never touched my pegs down so it sounds like I'll be okay with these. <==Hall of Shame material :rolleyes:

I called them just now to see which color (polished Aluminum vs clearcoat anodized grey) matched the existing hardware, it the clearcoat.
Ordered a set. :rockon: Thanks again!

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Old thread, I know. This company is still doing the pegs, but they're like 140 bucks now including shipping. Are there any other options in the US for lower pegs?

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
There are these, but at the same price,
Speedy Pegs

I wish there was an option out there that was simply a link that would allow one to use the existing front peg, but just dropping it an inch. I say that because I feel like I need that bit of rubber on the top of my stock peg to help keep the vibes down on longer rides.

The shop I linked to above manufactured just that for the rear pegs on an FZ6, but they went a different direction for the front pegs, oh well.