Need new tires!

isk

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up a nail in the rear stocker bt020... figured a new one is better than spending $50 to patch a tire half worn. I was thinking either a bt023 to stay with the original front or maybe getting a pair, dunno much about tires for the fz6, any suggestions?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Replace in pairs and do some reading on the tire tech section. there's a ton of choices with bt023 being a decent one. I went with pilot road2's. no complaints after 5k miles

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up a nail in the rear stocker bt020... figured a new one is better than spending $50 to patch a tire half worn. I was thinking either a bt023 to stay with the original front or maybe getting a pair, dunno much about tires for the fz6, any suggestions?

I just received 120/70/17 and 180/55/17 pirelli diablos from cyclegear for $220 shipped... in two days. I like the rear so far. plenty of reviews out there. all you need to change them are 32 and 29mm sockets, 3 tire levers, bike pump and a bucket. save urself $150 on mount n balance :)

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
If you were going to replace the rear with the same bt20 I would say ok, maybe do that. But I don't think you are going to get the recommendation to mix an old BT20 with a new BT23. 2 tires made out of different compounds. One will have tons of grip the other not. It's your backside!! you may end up landing on it

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received 120/70/17 and 180/55/17 pirelli diablos from cyclegear for $220 shipped... in two days. I like the rear so far. plenty of reviews out there. all you need to change them are 32 and 29mm sockets, 3 tire levers, bike pump and a bucket. save urself $150 on mount n balance :)

Admire that you changed your own. But, $150? Huh? CG does it for under $50 if you buy through them.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a set of conti motions for 250 installed and so far they've been great. The bike feels much more stable than it did with the oem dunlops.

isk

Reaction score
Visit site
Tires must be way cheaper there, I was quoted 300 for a rear locally... Cycle gear is expensive to ship to canada too it seems

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
From what i've seen alot of the forum guys here liked the Michelin PR 2's but the 3 is out now... theres a poll around somewhere that i looked at when i first joined, can't seem to find it now but i'm sure somebody can prolly link it :thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
After running on BT016's (triple compound rear, dual compound front)...I don't see myself ever going back to single compound tires...these grip like a track tire when you lean the bike over and wear like a touring tire on the highway. :rockon: