Need help with LED Signals

mikexup

Reaction score
Visit site
Installing LED turn signals on my 09 FZ6. I'm changing nothing but the the turn signals so I'm wondering what others have done to cover the hole where the stock signals where, I'm going to use the same place to mount the aftermarket signals. Also does it make a difference on the back wires which one is the positive...and on the front which two are used for the signals since there are 3 wires for running lights also. Thanks for any help you can give.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a dark green wire for the right signal and a chocolate wire for the left signal, The black wires on both sides is the ground. The blue wires are for the running light but you're not using them so just terminate and insulate. :)

z2345

Reaction score
Visit site
Installing LED turn signals on my 09 FZ6. I'm changing nothing but the the turn signals so I'm wondering what others have done to cover the hole where the stock signals where, I'm going to use the same place to mount the aftermarket signals. Also does it make a difference on the back wires which one is the positive...and on the front which two are used for the signals since there are 3 wires for running lights also. Thanks for any help you can give.

I'm not sure what you mean by cover the hole, but I have these mounting plates if you want them. Free + shipping. I have no use for them. I bought them for my Rizoma's but eneded up using something else.

Chaotic29

Reaction score
Visit site
i found connectors at cycle gear that fit in the stock signal harness clip so i never had to cut any wires. Mine were plug and play. but the funny thing was that the yamaha connectors did not fit, but suzuki connectors fit perfectly and clicked into place within the connector.

You just need to find the connectors that are this shape and they will plug right into the stock harness. Then no cutting your stock wires and its easy to go back to stock in the future.
Google Image Result for http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/5/9/5/8/5/2/webimg/578024156_tp.jpg