Need help!!! Anyone from florida. Identity theft!

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm hoping someone can respond to this thread as my father received a phone call from a company who would like to sell our land we have in florida. To me it sounds like a scam and I'd like to possibly ask a Florida Resident a few questions... They started asking my father for his credit card information and his current address and some other stuff... my dad, not realizing it, started giving info out.. and i stopped him from giving anything else out.. DOH... so, yeah.. if any resident from florida can help answer a few of my questions... would be greatly appreciated..

DAMN, this forum is very useful...

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll pop the question's in here just in case another resident of florida has an opinion.

Have you ever heard of a company Property Sales LTD?

From what my dad was talking with the guy on the phone, sounds like a company that sells property that bigger companies want. Kinda wierd...

Also, our land that we have is located in fort Meyer, Cape Coral...

How is the real estate down there? Are people selling and buying alot...

Also, We're thinking about possibly making a trip down to florida... and just putting up a for sale sign by owner on the land..Do you think that'll help?

rockmurf

Reaction score
Visit site
You can research the company by going to myflorida.com or by going to dept of professional regulation. Real esate is not selling well here. You never give out your cc info and any info to someone on the phone. If you are interested in them have them send you something in the mail with return addresses and phone numbers. Ask for the corporation name and numbers.. 99.9% this is a scam. I am in FL. Legit business is not conducted this way. Let me know if anything else I can do.

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks... i was just trying to search for this company name he gave me and can't find anything on it...i check myflorida.com ... and nothing.. i'm pretty sure this sounds like a scam... but if anything... does anyone live close to that land i mentioned above... Fort Meyer, Cape Coral..

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks... i was just trying to search for this company name he gave me and can't find anything on it...i check myflorida.com ... and nothing.. i'm pretty sure this sounds like a scam... but if anything... does anyone live close to that land i mentioned above... Fort Meyer, Cape Coral..

I live a little south of Rockmurf and roboco lives a little south of both of us. Ft Myers is still a ~2 hr drive for me. There may be more on here who live further south.

I also agree that it sounds like a scam. Tell your dad to call his C.C. company and explain what happened and ask for that card to be closed and get a new card. That way if/when they try to use it, it will be no good.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
What would they do with credit card information if it wasn't a scam?

Help your father call his bank and all his credit card companies to cancel those card numbers.
If he gave them his social security number, contact SSA.
Also look into getting a service like "LifeLock"