Need a hand with modding my FZ6N

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
hi

im at a real loss as how to mod my 2009 FZ6, and retain the bulky mean look.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ive recently fitted a smaller number plate and tail tidy but keeping the original indicators as i prefer them.

also next week im having 11mm red rim tape added as per the original yamaha advertisment bike.

apart from that im stuck :confused: (no imagination) i dont really want to detract from the bikes original stance.

i was thinking yamaha's original optional extra coloured hugger and also the S2 fly screen in yellow but since seeing a fly screen fitted i think its to big i was thinking of somthing more along the lines of the triumph speed 4 size?

also thinking pazzo longer levers

gold lever with red selector

or

red lever with gold selector (red to go with rim tape?)

and HEL yellow brake lines??

im looking for that up front weighted look (the high profile colour tank adds to this), but im not sure that if i add to much colour throughout the bike it will even out the bike or not?

guys let me have your ideas.

thats a sweet look.

the passenger pegs and the rearsets look out of place with the rest of the bikes color scheme. JMHO. If you do swap out the levers, you would be removing more chrome, which would make the side view mirrors stand out more.

DrM

your right :thumbup:... and i do quite like the hit of chrome maybe i should just leave it as is?

i honestly do struggle to think of improvements, yamaha took the fun out of modding with this one.

do you guys just reckon a yellow matching colour hugger would be enough to finish it off?

maybe i might go with chrome pazzos then? the standard items have a lot of verticle play in them.

Pazzos - black levers, black or gold adjusters

Yellow rim tape

Black powdercoating of various things - top triple clamp, heel guards etc

Clear indicators/tail-light

Black rizoma bars, sportline grips and bar ends

And a big NO to the yellow brake lines. Go black - matches the engine/frame

Just a few ideas for you :D

That is probly the sexiest color scheme i have ever seen for an Fz... i wish the US would start incorporating nakedness into our society. O well im jumpin on the naked band wagon :D

I think a nice gloss black TCP hugger, FZ1 bars and some oso2k set back plates would look good.... and its ya lucky day... i got all 3 for sale:rof:

Pazzos - black levers, black or gold adjusters - Yes! Gold levers will not match too well with the yellow.

Yellow rim tape - Yes, could look cool

Black powdercoating of various things - top triple clamp, heel guards etc - At least the rearsets need black powdercoating

Clear indicators/tail-light - Yup yup!

Black rizoma bars, sportline grips and bar ends - Get the bars. Don't know about the grips, but I would get something more performance oriented. Also smaller barends! Stock ones stick out too much.

And a big NO to the yellow brake lines. Go black - matches the engine/frame - Agreed!

Just a few ideas for you :D

My comments in blue ;p Also, in my opinion the chrome mirrors look a bit out of place. I would go for some sleek black ones. And definitely get a sub cowling and a fender eliminator!

Let the modding commence! ;)

Last edited:
small number plate and fender eliminator arrived today, will see if i can put it on and get a pic up asap.....

anychance anyone can photo shop the first pic to show a matching yellow hugger cant decide between yellow or gloss black as recommended?

quick update as i forgot to post photos as i have been too busy riding the bike.

with 11mm rim tape and fender eliminator.

this is how it looks with 30,000miles on the clock:(

Looking good - changing out the stock pegs would look great - as would swapping out the stock mirrors for a set of reverse end mirrors. But yeah, lookin good :)

I've had a look at the barracuda mirrors their ok just made out of abs plastic.if they were metal I would buy them.

Been thinking about buying an oe yamaha fly screen in yellow a I'm doing 750miles a weeek on the motorway and it wood help a little with wind buffing. But I feel that they detract from the bikes mean look....... Dose anyone have an opion on the oe yam fly screen

I think some of the fly screens actually look pretty mean and killer. Go for it :) whisk we earn money if not to spend it on our bikes.

I would recommend yellow belly-pan and/or radiator shrouds!
picture.php

But then again, I like the plastic! :D

Back