Naked to clothed

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys

Right I've got a black 2006 FZ6N and I want to make it half faired----eventually fully faired. I need a step by step guide......where do I buy bits from? (fairing etc) what parts do I need? (new headlights etc etc)

I need a dummies guide.....I've trawled the net and come up with nowt thats model specific, help!!!!

Adam

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate. I think it would cheaper and less time consuming to trade your naked version for a half faired and then just get the extra fairing to make it fully faired.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate. I think it would cheaper and less time consuming to trade your naked version for a half faired and then just get the extra fairing to make it fully faired.

+1

But you have your reasons, so I suggest buying a Haynes Manual...

Product: Yamaha FZ6 Fazer (04 - 08)

...and source the parts on ebay.

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
If I may ask, why do you want to go S? Wind? looks?

Anyway, you being in the UK won`t help, but you could buy a whole front end (including T bracket + fairing + mirrors + windshield) for around $350 from ppl that went naked... BUT, most of these guys did it in the US, so shipping that size box to the UK will cost another $100, if not more...

However, with the current exchange rate, you`ll still be WAY below the OEM price if you buy everything new and separately...

You can check my video link in my signature for tutorials on how to go naked... take these in reverse and it`ll give you a very good idea about the amount of work you are looking at. I assume the wiring and particularly the connectors on a stock N are different than on the S, so you will most likely have to splice wires and do some wiring work (which is fairly easy if you look at the wiring diagram at the end of the the User Manual)

Good luck!

novcadetshotz

Reaction score
Visit site
You're looking to go faired .. I'm looking to go naked ... maybe we can work something out?

- I've got an '07 Red on the East coast of the USA. The only thing that wouldn't swap would be the speedo; we'd both have to fab the mounts to get our original speedo's to work on the alternate year's fairing. Aside from that, the microfiche and others tell me that all the mounting bolts line up.

PM me if you'd be interested in a possible trade etc.

edit: lol, we were already talking to each other about doing this earlier. Still interested?
http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/3072-naked-faired-vice-versa.html#post31207

Last edited:

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

The main reason is the wind.....I've riden my brothers ZZR and the fairing makes SUCH a difference. But I also prefer the faired looked over naked.

Unfortunately I'm buying the bike on finance so swapping it would be a pain I'd guess......

hmmmm

Adam