My sagging bags

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been suffering from saggy bags for several months now and was quite tired of them flopping around and just doing what they wanted. So, I decided that my bags needed support. I looked several different places and didn't want to spend the money they were wanting. So, I came up with a way to give my bags the support they need. Here are some pics of the process...

:BLAA:

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
I started this process with a trip to home depot. I bought two 36 inch strips of galvanized steel with 3/8 holes. I then bought 4 3/8 hex head bolts and washers. The way I have the bags mounted I used the 10mm bolt that secures the rear fender to secure one side. The other side I drilled a 3/8 hole in the black plastic in the picture and secured it the one bolt per side. So, I didn't even need the other two bolts. The galvanized strips are easy to shape with just your hands and a hammer. Overall I think it took me about an hour and a half to do this. These support cost me about $9 to make. So, overall I'm pleased with the result. These should definitely keep the bags from flopping around on my road trip in a couple of weeks. :D

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great idea!
I have a set of soft luggage and the saddle bags do the same thing. I got a topcase now, so I'll prob sell the soft luggage.

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been suffering from saggy bags for several months now and was quite tired of them flopping around and just doing what they wanted. So, I decided that my bags needed support. I looked several different places and didn't want to spend the money they were wanting. So, I came up with a way to give my bags the support they need. Here are some pics of the process...

:BLAA:

I am looking for a particular type of bag from Bags Connection, and I came across this one, the one below at ebay. I am not sure if they sale the same version anymore, but a similar model is $325 at Twisted Throttle, the link is below.

I am not sure how it would accommodate your needs obviously, but I thought I would post it for your information. One thing is for sure, it would solve the baggy bag problem. I am not the seller of the bag.

Bags Connection Speedpack Motorcycle Touring Bike Bag Enduro Cross Country Race

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/290684664158?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Twisted Throttle.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/919/181/

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice solution! And here I was all ready to make the following smart @ss comment:

"Why don't you try wearing tightey whiteys?"

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for a particular type of bag from Bags Connection, and I came across this one, the one below at ebay. I am not sure if they sale the same version anymore, but a similar model is $325 at Twisted Throttle, the link is below.

I am not sure how it would accommodate your needs obviously, but I thought I would post it for your information. One thing is for sure, it would solve the baggy bag problem. I am not the seller of the bag.

Bags Connection Speedpack Motorcycle Touring Bike Bag Enduro Cross Country Race

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/290684664158?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Twisted Throttle.
Bags-Connection Speedpack-Wide motorcycle luggage system - BCK.SP5001 : TwistedThrottle.com

I really like the Bag Connection gear. They seem to make some really nice products. I decided to save some cash this time by doing my mod. I only paid $20 for my bags at Walmart and another $20 for the matching tail bag at northern tool. All of my money in the bike fund is going towards leathers for a track day sometime this year.:thumbup: