My new dream bike!!! Enter the "baby block"

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
For a die hard Chevy guy this is music to my ears, the motus mst and mst-r use a new V4 engine which is based off the gm small block! Can I get a AMEN! The bikes are all american and with incredible style, power and supposed comfort, and he "r" model having 185 hp and with it being based off a small block its gotta have stump pulling tq too, its basically the total package!!! Now I just have to hit the lottery...

Check em out http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/mst-01.html

William

Reaction score
Visit site
For a die hard Chevy guy this is music to my ears, the motus mst and mst-r use a new V4 engine which is based off the gm small block! Can I get a AMEN! The bikes are all american and with incredible style, power and supposed comfort, and he "r" model having 185 hp and with it being based off a small block its gotta have stump pulling tq too, its basically the total package!!! Now I just have to hit the lottery...

You could scoot over to the Barber Vintage Fest in Leeds next month (12th – 14th) and see them in person. Short hop for you, Leeds is close to Birmingham where Motus is HQ'd. Last year they had the prototypes at the Fest. Very cool motorcycles. Maybe this year they’ll have demo rides. :)

img_4420.jpg

img_4422.jpg

img_4421.jpg

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I could but I'll be leaving for Chicago around that time for work, but man I think I'm in live with the bike, the idea, the engine, hell the whole concept of it!

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it has a high centre of gravity,Dont think the japs will be too worried by it.So Sorry its a no from me :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPih7TAdZxs"]The Extremely Rare Motus MST-R Prototype Walking Around - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So far everybody who has rode one says it's a absolutely incredible bike, and handles extremely well and very refined even for the prototype that they rode. Theres a great short video on YouTube where about 10 on the top moto mag editors have a go on it and all seem to love it. I can't post YouTube links from my phone or I would.

But yeah I don't think the japs have anything to worry about either mainly because of the price and availability of them. But if it was set at the same price point as say a fjr1300 and readily available I think Yamaha and others would be shaking in their boots!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Some more info on the engine
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/03/motus-mst/

And reading some more about the bike pratt&miller designed the transmission and chassis with the engine in mind. The transmission uses bevel-gears which I imagine very well might be what counter acts the forces from the engine being mounted as it is. Everything I've read and watched so far not a single person has mentioned it feeling off balance or any of the adverse effects that mounting a engine like that could create, they have all said quite the opposite in fact. I love seeing how stuff works and the engineering behind it especially on cars and bikes and would love to find out more on how it does work. Unfortunately being that the bikes are still very new and I don't even believe in production yet there is not a lot of info out there other than what Motus has released and what the few editors and test riders have had to say about the bike. I for one will be following this company and their bikes pretty closely, I think it is awesome what they have accomplished so far and can't wait to see what their future holds, and really cant wait to see when they go on sale and "real" unsupervised reviews are out there. Especially with the absence of buell, to my knowledge they are the only American company right now making "sporty" bikes and would love to see a cheeper bike for the masses from them. It might never happen but hey a guy can dream cant he lol

Once again I'm sounding like a damn salesman :spank:

Nappa

Reaction score
Visit site
It's an interesting bike, but too big for me. Maybe if they make a smaller version with just half the engine - a V-twin...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
It actually has a lower seat height than the fz6 but it is considerably wider but still narrower than the big BMWs

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
compared to a K1600 GT its:

-lighter (over 100lbs lighter)
-way more equipped
-more powerful
-sportier
-sounds way better (and stock AKRO pipes dont hurt)
-probably cheaper on maintenance since some parts are GM interchangeable and 100,000 mile "valve checks"
-easier to work on (designed so that the engine & tranny can be completely rebuilt without dropping the block or removing tank etc.
-better looking
-and after upgrading the K16 up the Motus Trim not much more expensive
-also the price has been steadily dropping as they sell more of them, so if Motus can manage to hang around for a few years a new MST might be in the ballpark of $20K

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now I'm all for things made in the good old U S of A, but that thing is Fugly. I'll stick to my limey bike
I'm more annoyed that it's not mass produced, lighter weight (preferably sub 400 pounds at MOST), and 300-600cc with decent power/torque. But no, it's always power power power and weight (even if this isn't THAT heavy, all things considered...it's still a whale)