My new bike!

nastutts

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have been lurking around the forum for a few months and finally got my FZ6 (2006 model)! I can't wait to get to know her better! Hope you guys like the pics.

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Congrats on the purchase. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that beauty?

Good thing you picked the blue model for your first bike. The raven version is a little too much for a new rider. :BLAA:

Now, onto the important stuff...
What gear do you have so far? Hopefully you bought that first. But if not, the people on this forum can give you some great advice.
Have you completed the MSF course yet?

Again, welcome! And ride safe.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats...

I recently picked up my FZ6 too. looks like great minds think alike beacuse we both got the fast color ( blue ) !

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
Lots of good people and info on the forum. Great looking bike! An 06 with less then 4000 miles, great find!
Joe

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:To the best forum around!

Great deal on getting an 06 will low miles like that! Enjoy and get the proper gear for protection!:rockon:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the Forum, lots of great people and useful information about the FZ6 and riding in general.
Beautiful bike and you must have lots of great roads in your part of the country! :thumbup:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent choice in both model year and color! :thumbup:

Man, those pictures bring back some memories...lol. That's EXACTLY what my bike looked like...about 4 years ago! Things have changed a bit since then.

:welcome: to the forum and don't hesitate to jump in! Oh, and ride safe!

(What my blue '06 looks like now, just to show you how much you can do to these bikes!):

22.jpg

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
welcome. nice that you got the faster blue. in the triangle we can ride pretty close to year round if we're willing to deal with a little cold in the winter and a little heat in the summer.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent choice in both model year and color! :thumbup:

Man, those pictures bring back some memories...lol. That's EXACTLY what my bike looked like...about 4 years ago! Things have changed a bit since then.

:welcome: to the forum and don't hesitate to jump in! Oh, and ride safe!

(What my blue '06 looks like now, just to show you how much you can do to these bikes!):

22.jpg

You can do so much more on the 04's.....

BOTM4.jpg

Just kidding, but I still like that blue, on both of your guys' bikes

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha, ha, Geoff...I thought, there for a second, you were gonna start the Red vs. Blue war again! :eek:

/threadjack/

I've actually done a little modding recently, something I'd thought about trying over the winter but forgot about until last weekend. I've got the Suburban Machinery bars on my bike and I love them, but they sit a bit higher than the FZ1 bars they replaced. After ogling the situation, and thinking about switching back to the FZ1 bars, I thought...what if I flipped the SM bars over??? So, I did...I flipped them, drilled the holes for the little nubs on the control housings and wow. I would say it's the perfect spot if you want an aggressive stance.

If the FZ1 bars aren't quite low enough and clip-ons are too low, this is probably right about in the middle. And they don't hit the tank either.

I'll get some shots of them this week and start a thread in the Mods section so others can see it. :thumbup:

(Sorry for the threadjack, OP!)

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Highjacking a new member already are we :D We are just setting the future for his mods, you know for when the bug bites him. Anyway keep me posted, I am always looking for something new, I have to cut back on spending though.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, we gotta show the n00b the ropes! (J/K, OP!) :D

I'll keep you updated on how the work out. And be on the lookout for a thread this week (if I can remember to get pictures...I'm preparing to leave for the Gap on Friday). :rockon:

nastutts

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Congrats on the purchase. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that beauty?

Good thing you picked the blue model for your first bike. The raven version is a little too much for a new rider. :BLAA:

Now, onto the important stuff...
What gear do you have so far? Hopefully you bought that first. But if not, the people on this forum can give you some great advice.
Have you completed the MSF course yet?

Again, welcome! And ride safe.

I got it for $3,500 from a guy in my area. I really like the blue too.

As far as gear goes I only have a helmet and gloves. But I hoping to get a jacket soon. Any suggestions?

I am taking the MSF course in three weeks! Thanks again!

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got it for $3,500 from a guy in my area. I really like the blue too.

As far as gear goes I only have a helmet and gloves. But I hoping to get a jacket soon. Any suggestions?

I am taking the MSF course in three weeks! Thanks again!

I got a light mesh jacket with armor, I wore it like 3 times, looks brand new, Its black
e6215fff-1.jpg
213bc616.jpg

what size are you?

80$ shipped

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the scorpion cool rod jacket.in blue.

If you look around you can find it for under 100 bucks.

It's a great jacket for 50 degrees and up. The removable liner is very helpful and totally changes the jacket from a free flowing jacket to a wind breaker!

I'm sure you'll be safe since you are the type to sign up for the MSF course.

Have fun discovering the on/off switch for your adrenal gland:)

I like your matte black engine and frame, mines silver :(

Last edited: