My Maintenance Day

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
So I might be doing some long rides and at 6,600 miles I decided to pull the plugs and take a look at them. Well pulling plug 1 was enough to make up my mind and go pick up some iridium plugs.

I removed the airbox, wanted to change the filter anyhow, and dropped the radiator. My hands simply don't fit in the nooks and crannies of this bike. :rolleyes:

Here's a shot of the new and old plug 1.
IMGP4757.jpg

IMGP4765.jpg

Shot of all 4:
IMGP4781.jpg

These tools made the project easy.
IMGP4785.jpg

All in all it took about 40 minutes and that was at my sloth like pace.

Also a shot of the filters. I should have changed the old out a while ago.
IMGP4789.jpg

Found out I'm missing a bolt too. Must have just left the bike as I think I would have noticed earlier.

IMGP4788.jpg

Overall an easy project with patience and a beer or two.

Last edited:

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
So I might be doing some long rides and at 6,600 miles I decided to pull the plugs and take a look at them. Well pulling plug 1 was enough to make up my mind and go pick up some iridium plugs.

I removed the airbox, wanted to change the filter anyhow, and dropped the radiator. My hands simply don't fit in the nooks and crannies of this bike. :rolleyes:

Here's a shot of the new and old plug 1.
IMGP4757.jpg

IMGP4765.jpg
Thanks for posting...I have the same mileage on my bike and now I wonder what my plugs and filter look like?:eek:

I think I will be checking my bike real soon!:thumbup:

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You will like the new plugs! I changed mine about a year ago and they
are really good. (starts and idles better)

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your plugs look good, engines running perfect (mixture wise).
I am in need for one of these days too. Right now I am cleaning everything since the wheels are out getting new rubber fitted. No better time to clean the inside of the swing arm then when the wheel is removed!:D

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: My Maintenance Day Pt 1 & 2

So I figured I'd add to my original thread.

I've been making a long ride the last few days and will be going back and forth a couple hundred miles the next two days, so made some more changes.

1. Added a F.E. kit just because I could. ;) I was never bothered by the stock fender, but I must admit I do like the way it looks with the F.E. on it.

2. Put the FZ1 handlebar on. For some reason the install was a pain in the rear for me, but I finally got it on and I really like it. Strange enough the FZ1 is less aggressive for me as I had the FZ6 bar rotated all the way down. I like the feel of the FZ1 bar and for my height 6'0" it opens up the rider triangle for me and just feels more natural for my arm position.

3. Finally put a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT on the front to match the rear tire. Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't dump the Dunlop stock tire months ago. The PP 2CT is an amazing tire and although I'm sure I'll burn it up faster than a harder tire, I can't praise the 2CT's enough. They beg to lean into a turn and grip like no other once in a lean. 2 big thumbs up for these tires :thumbup: .

Next step is R6 forks so that I can set them up for my weight, and then some form of rear sets so that I can get my leg in a more comfortable position. I've had surgery on my knee, but it's not 100% and the angle that I end up in with the stock pegs is enough to cause my entire leg to ache after a long ride. Hopefully I can find a better position with some adjustable rear sets.

Last edited: