My girlfriend loves to be my pillion

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
So, After 4 years of being single, I finally found a girl.

And the best part is that she loves to ride with me (pillion).
I gave her some gear and helmet from my brother, and we went on a first ride ever together. It was just amazing.

a 120km long ride on perfect asphalty roads with racetrack-styled twisties, long stretches on the freeway, and dirty roads between the trees. We did them all.:BLAA: And this all in the "warm" temperatures of a way-to-warm day in fall with clear sky's and soft colored scenery

At first I was very very gentle with the throttle and shifting. Allways rev-matching when i shifted down, and never braking strongly. The ride went as smooth as ......a FZ6-engine!:rolleyes:

The last few km's we did some freeway exit's and entry's (don't know the right word for this)
When I was in the turn, She yelled something at me.:confused:
I thought that I was going to fast, and she got afraid or something. I yelled back "WHAT?"
And she reply'd "FAAAASTER!!!":rockon:

I had an instant smile on my face and gave the throttle a controlled twist in the ON-direction. I never went so low in a corner with a pillion before so it was a rush for me too. But with no traffic at all, me riding that turn for a million times before, and warmed up Pilot power's, I had full confident in it.

Luckily my girlfriend is a small person who only weighs about 47kg, And i weigh 52kg, so it felt like i was riding alone and the FZ6 had no problem accellerating.

Tomorrow we are going shopping for a helmet and some gloves. :D
Too bad winter is at the front door.

I'm a happy man.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
So, After 4 years of being single, I finally found a girl.

And the best part is that she loves to ride with me (pillion).
I gave her some gear and helmet from my brother, and we went on a first ride ever together. It was just amazing.

a 120km long ride on perfect asphalty roads with racetrack-styled twisties, long stretches on the freeway, and dirty roads between the trees. We did them all.:BLAA: And this all in the "warm" temperatures of a way-to-warm day in fall with clear sky's and soft colored scenery

At first I was very very gentle with the throttle and shifting. Allways rev-matching when i shifted down, and never braking strongly. The ride went as smooth as ......a FZ6-engine!:rolleyes:

The last few km's we did some freeway exit's and entry's (don't know the right word for this)
When I was in the turn, She yelled something at me.:confused:
I thought that I was going to fast, and she got afraid or something. I yelled back "WHAT?"
And she reply'd "FAAAASTER!!!":rockon:

I had an instant smile on my face and gave the throttle a controlled twist in the ON-direction. I never went so low in a corner with a pillion before so it was a rush for me too. But with no traffic at all, me riding that turn for a million times before, and warmed up Pilot power's, I had full confident in it.

Luckily my girlfriend is a small person who only weighs about 47kg, And i weigh 52kg, so it felt like i was riding alone and the FZ6 had no problem accellerating.

Tomorrow we are going shopping for a helmet and some gloves. :D
Too bad winter is at the front door.

I'm a happy man.

Aren't those Belgian (especially Flemish) girls amazing? :cheer:
I surely love my girl as a pillion!! :D Now I only need to get her ride on her oown! :p

(Too bad our boy has still some years to go before he's old enough to ride with me :(:))

Grtz,

Degake

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Aren't those Belgian (especially Flemish) girls amazing? :cheer:
I surely love my girl as a pillion!! :D Now I only need to get her ride on her oown! :p

(Too bad our boy has still some years to go before he's old enough to ride with me :(:))

Grtz,

Degake

Good to hear there are some belgian (flemish) riders on the forum. :thumbup:

I hope my girlfriend will never ride a bike of her own. It's dangerous you know :D

As for your boy, maybe this can be the answer ;-)
http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/givi_child_seat_1.jpg

Grtz

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear there are some belgian (flemish) riders on the forum. :thumbup:

I hope my girlfriend will never ride a bike of her own. It's dangerous you know :D

As for your boy, maybe this can be the answer ;-)
http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/givi_child_seat_1.jpg

Grtz

Yeah, I know our roads are dangerous (I've dealt with enough wacko's on the road, on the bike and in the car), but if she gets confident in riding a motorcycle, there are a lot of beautiful places to go without fear of lunatic drivers :rockon:

As for the boy; our dearly beloved minister of transportation (in flemish: "den Etienne") has altered the legislation for bikers, as that pillions need to be at least 8 year old on motorcycles (so, anything bigger than 49cc).
As for those on there wanna-be scooters and mopeds (the - 49cc "gang" :D), the minimum age is 3 yr, but between the age of 3 - 8, children need to sit in a seat, like the link you posted above :)
Why can kids younger than 8 go ride pillion with scooters and mopeds? Because these are often used "for driving kids to and from school by their parents"....
So I guess it's safer to use my scoot (altough it has a 70cc big bore on it), than the FZ6 :ban:

Grtz,

Degake

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I know our roads are dangerous (I've dealt with enough wacko's on the road, on the bike and in the car), but if she gets confident in riding a motorcycle, there are a lot of beautiful places to go without fear of lunatic drivers :rockon:

As for the boy; our dearly beloved minister of transportation (in flemish: "den Etienne") has altered the legislation for bikers, as that pillions need to be at least 8 year old on motorcycles (so, anything bigger than 49cc).
As for those on there wanna-be scooters and mopeds (the - 49cc "gang" :D), the minimum age is 3 yr, but between the age of 3 - 8, children need to sit in a seat, like the link you posted above :)
Why can kids younger than 8 go ride pillion with scooters and mopeds? Because these are often used "for driving kids to and from school by their parents"....
So I guess it's safer to use my scoot (altough it has a 70cc big bore on it), than the FZ6 :ban:

Grtz,

Degake

Whenever I hear that man his name, my skin crawls and my blood starts to boil.
There is no sense in the rules he makes up. Why does everything has to be put in a law?
It would be better to count on the common sense of the people.
I could go on raging for hours, but it's not worth it. I'm glad we don't have to put on a yellow or orange safety jacket all the time. :rolleyes: In summertimes that would be just plain stupid. (Don't mean to offend anybody who does wear it).

What area are you from?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just took my gf for her first moto ride last week, she loved it too:thumbup:

Im going to look into that seat, my daughter is tall enough to put her feet on the pegs but her son is a little shorter.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Whenever I hear that man his name, my skin crawls and my blood starts to boil.
There is no sense in the rules he makes up. Why does everything has to be put in a law?
It would be better to count on the common sense of the people.
I could go on raging for hours, but it's not worth it. I'm glad we don't have to put on a yellow or orange safety jacket all the time. :rolleyes: In summertimes that would be just plain stupid. (Don't mean to offend anybody who does wear it).

What area are you from?

Yep, our government is totally **** :spank:
I'm right next to you :D I'm from Ghent (actually, the whole of Oost-Vlaanderen ;):D)

Grtz,

Degake

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Yep, our government is totally **** :spank:
I'm right next to you :D I'm from Ghent (actually, the whole of Oost-Vlaanderen ;):D)

Grtz,

Degake

Oh nice to have a neighbor on the forum :)
I used to go to Ghent now and then (for the "sightseeing" in the harbour ;-) )

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
That's right in my back yard :D
I love "sightseeing" in the harbour ;)

you are a lucky man to have such a nice backyard :D
A few weeks ago there was a really big bike-tour in that area. I happen to be on the big roundabout. It was nice just to sit there and watch all those colleague-bikers passing by.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Slide a 5/16", 8mm, or a .270 bullet up under the pillion seat cover and she will never want to get off the bike... :spank: sorry did I say that out loud

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Slide a 5/16", 8mm, or a .270 bullet up under the pillion seat cover and she will never want to get off the bike... :spank: sorry did I say that out loud

Around 5,3K RPM the rear of the bike is vibrating......she told me.

I was wondering why she likes to ride with me.:D

:ban:

bryanwny

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the woman, and especially finding one that likes to ride! Riding solo is definitely a blast as you can push the boundaries a little more and ride exactly how you want to ride. Having someone you care about on the back is a lot of fun too though! Just cruising around and checking out the scenery and having someone to take it all in with you is great. Random back road 'pit stops' are a blast too :rockon: It took my gf (recently ex-gf) a while on the back before she was practically begging me to red line it from takeoffs on straight aways lol. Glad to hear you went out and picked her up some of her own gear that probably fits her better. Be safe, have fun, and ENJOY! :D

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Congrats on the woman, and especially finding one that likes to ride! Riding solo is definitely a blast as you can push the boundaries a little more and ride exactly how you want to ride. Having someone you care about on the back is a lot of fun too though! Just cruising around and checking out the scenery and having someone to take it all in with you is great. Random back road 'pit stops' are a blast too :rockon: It took my gf (recently ex-gf) a while on the back before she was practically begging me to red line it from takeoffs on straight aways lol. Glad to hear you went out and picked her up some of her own gear that probably fits her better. Be safe, have fun, and ENJOY! :D

You described it perfectely.

"Just cruising around and checking out the scenery and having someone to take it all in with you is great." That is exactely what it's all about. :thumbup:
I just hope the winter is soft on Belgium so I can ride as long as possible :)
I'm sorry about your (ex)gf. I'm sure you will find somebody else who cares a lot about you and loves to ride with you.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
You described it perfectely.

I just hope the winter is soft on Belgium so I can ride as long as possible :)

I hope/wish we get a lot of snow :D
My parents live in an area/street where they never salt the road :D
It will be a lot of fun with the quads, just like last year :D
(Plus; I really want/need it to snow, as we're going to (après-) ski in December :cheer:

Grtz,

Degake

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I hope/wish we get a lot of snow :D
My parents live in an area/street where they never salt the road :D
It will be a lot of fun with the quads, just like last year :D
(Plus; I really want/need it to snow, as we're going to (après-) ski in December :cheer:

Grtz,

Degake

I have never driven a quad before, but i can imagine that it's all fun and games.
Snowy times are indeed the best times for some vehicle fun :D Pulling a parking brake on snow, and drifting a little bit.
Except for the rush hour to work. Then I suddenly don't like snow anymore:rolleyes:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a huge fan odf taking the Missus for a ride....In fact, i have done many thousands of Kilometres touring, with the missus of the time, draped over the back of my bike....is awesome when you can share...

Very happy for you....here's to thousands of kilometres of enjoyable 2 up riding, and adventures together.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Derrr... she doesn't love you, she loves the "ride."

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk