My brush with Fame......

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good one humps! I know a few cricketers myself, used to play indoor cricket with Ryan Harris, mark Cosgrove, and a couple other SA cricketers a couple of years ago, and was having drinks with Mark Cosgrove, current Aussie one day player Callum fergusson on wednesday night at work...love my cricket...absolute cricket tragic! In fact this morning I umpired my sons cricket for his school...love the kids cricket, it's awesome...very entertaining!

Andy Bichel was a great cricketer for both the Bulls and AUstralia, great fighter, and apparently a top bloke!

Andy is an Awesome bloke , we stood there and had a chat for a good 20 mins or so.....Even told his publisist to "hang on" while he was talking to me :D....He was always one of my Fav's , gutsie guy with a HUGE ticker and that never says die attitude :thumbup:....Gets a huge wrap from Steve Waugh in the book , now that would be special........Now if only a could meet Justin Langer , i'd buy that guy a Rum :D , or actually it would have to be Johny Walker....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Andy is an Awesome bloke , we stood there and had a chat for a good 20 mins or so.....Even told his publisist to "hang on" while he was talking to me :D....He was always one of my Fav's , gutsie guy with a HUGE ticker and that never says die attitude :thumbup:....Gets a huge wrap from Steve Waugh in the book , now that would be special........Now if only a could meet Justin Langer , i'd buy that guy a Rum :D , or actually it would have to be Johny Walker....

justin langer....now that guy can bat! Tougher than Teflon too!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went down to the local Shopping Centre this afternoon and low and behold i see one of my Aussie Hero's doing a book signing :cheer:........Bought one of his books , got him to sign it and had a good 15 minute talk to one of my Idol's......Then i thought "How about a pic" ? and here it is :D

Unfortunately he will only be known to the Cricket playing countries in the world ( There's a clue ;) ) , but there is a Rep point for the first correct guess as to who he is :D....Get to it....
Phil Tufnell? ........................:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39211000/jpg/_39211227_phil_tufnell_203ap.jpg
Line and length mate.

Nelly

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you know the Aussie cricket team ain't travelling real well right now...bit not even at our lowest ebb, would we consider a player of phil's skills! He us the only hero that actually walks faster than he ever ran! :Flip:
But what a walk mate, and a lovely parting to boot.
You guys haven't got any problems. Have you seen our shower lately?

Bloody Flintoff has buggered his hip playing in the mercenary league. Now you guys may be at a low ebb, our guys have started to believe all of the hype written about them. I reckon they have forgotten what the spirit of the game is about.

Nelly

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tell me they don't look alike?

Nelly

Well, yes, they sorta do...poor Andy! :eek:

As for the players believing the hype, there is too much money in cricket these days...It goes to their heads, they think they are Rockstars, not Cricketers...Warne, Symonds, Flintoff, Peterson, and so on!

:(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, yes, they sorta do...poor Andy! :eek:

As for the players believing the hype, there is too much money in cricket these days...It goes to their heads, they think they are Rockstars, not Cricketers...Warne, Symonds, Flintoff, Peterson, and so on!

:(
Thats why we need a good old fashioned ashes series. Get some of the county guys in who would give anything to pull on their countries national shirt.
Playing for pride has all but gone.

Nelly

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well you can have them at the dinner party since none of them are here trying to restore Australian honour at the crease....

Its not the batsmen we are struggling with , we are missing Brett Lee and Stuart Clark badly :(......Im not knocking the Aussie side like the media though , take the likes of Warney , McGrath , Gilly , Langer , Hayden , Dizzy and Kasper out of any side in a very short time and they are going to do it tough........I said years ago that our bubble would burst , we were just like the Windies of the 70's and 80's........Unstoppable :D....But it cant last forever , perhaps it is just the South Africans turn to shine , good luck to them i say.......More interested in the Ashes :D , when we can totally destroy what is left of English cricket :sinister:.....MOOHAHAHAHAHA

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its not the batsmen we are struggling with , we are missing Brett Lee and Stuart Clark badly :(......Im not knocking the Aussie side like the media though , take the likes of Warney , McGrath , Gilly , Langer , Hayden , Dizzy and Kasper out of any side in a very short time and they are going to do it tough........I said years ago that our bubble would burst , we were just like the Windies of the 70's and 80's........Unstoppable :D....But it cant last forever , perhaps it is just the South Africans turn to shine , good luck to them i say.......More interested in the Ashes :D , when we can totally destroy what is left of English cricket :sinister:.....MOOHAHAHAHAHA

Dont be too sure that we will beat the Poms...we need Hughes & Kaich to fire at the top, Hussey needs to regain his consistency...we struggle, when he does, and yes, our bowling is depleted, Stuart Clark has been a big loss, as he provides the constant pressure to have to play each ball with respect from one end, and the others, including Lee, when not injured, have failed to find constistent for, and on their day, Johnstone, Lee, Hilfenhauss, etc, are all in the top 5 Bowlers in the World...Australia, just needs to regain consistency in play from session to session, match to match...all Winning sides are relentless, in their abiiltity to stay in the match...and SA have worked this out...and are reaping the benefits.

:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And to think your post started off so civilized lol..................

I remember the first time I saw Bret bowl, I couldn't believe the speed and aggression he displayed. That was just the bloody run up.
Don't even get me started on his batting. He made our openers look like night watchmen.

Nelly

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And to think your post started off so civilized lol..................

I remember the first time I saw Bret bowl, I couldn't believe the speed and aggression he displayed. That was just the bloody run up.
Don't even get me started on his batting. He made our openers look like night watchmen.

Nelly

Ohh mate , i feel so sorry for you guys :( because it looks like he will be fit and firing just in time for the Ashes :D.........Bring it on :thumbup: