MRA Vario Spoiler + Puig Touring Screen

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
Last night I installed an MRA Vario windscreen spoiler onto my Puig Touring screen. As others in the forum have mentioned the spoiler really works. The air hitting my helmet is much smoother. I can really tell the difference when I turn my head for a lane check. Cruising at 75 felt like I was going 55 before I installed it. So the touring screen was a big improvement over stock, and the spoiler is even more of an improvement. After doing some measuring I ordered the MRA.VTA.4.1 model from Twisted Throttle. I'm not sure if anyone has added this to a Puig Touring screen yet so here's a pic.

Gobs

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks aj_fz6,

I'm in trouble to choose between Puig touring screen and MRA touring Vario...
Mmmmmmmh, it seems a mix of the two would be perfect ;-)

Seriously, your screen looks good like this!

Cheers,
Gobs

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great and I always thought this sort of combination would work well :thumbup:

I thought about doing something similar with my fazer touring screen, but I found the "smoke grey" of the MRA spoiler didn't match the dark tint of my yamaha touring screen :(

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Last night I installed an MRA Vario windscreen spoiler onto my Puig Touring screen. As others in the forum have mentioned the spoiler really works. The air hitting my helmet is much smoother. I can really tell the difference when I turn my head for a lane check. Cruising at 75 felt like I was going 55 before I installed it. So the touring screen was a big improvement over stock, and the spoiler is even more of an improvement. After doing some measuring I ordered the MRA.VTA.4.1 model from Twisted Throttle. I'm not sure if anyone has added this to a Puig Touring screen yet so here's a pic.

I have an 06, and I thought that the MRA vario windscreen was a whole part that came with the windshield? What kind of mods did you have to do to install it? I want to get one if you can just get the spoiler.

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
Does the MRA spoiler also work on the Yamaha Touring screen for the 2005 (non-S2) FZ6?

Last edited:

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
MRA offers different models of the spoiler. There are instructions on how to make a cardboard template to help you choose which model/size to get for your particular windscreen. I just used a measuring tape and guestimated which one would work.

TwistedThrottle.com : MRA VarioTouring Extension Spoiler for attachment to original windshield - MRA.VTA

There's a link on that page to the instructions which show you how to make the template.

Install was pretty simple. I put some masking tape on the windscreen to protect it then held the spoiler in place while I marked the spots to drill the holes. After marking I measured a few more times to make sure it was centered then drilled 4 holes. Screw on the spoiler and you're done (torx driver required for the screws).

Last edited:

Cochiez

Reaction score
Visit site

You've got a great setup. You mostly commute or do any touring? How sturdy is that Givi top-rack? I'm interested in installing the rack and a coocase box. That rack is so minimalist though, compared to others like the SW motech, that I'm worried about weight capacity.

Christian Denmark

Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried both the MRA spoiler on the original screen and the Puig racing dobble bubble - and my experience is that Puig gives the most smooth wind stream over the helmet. There is a lot of turbolence behind the MRA.

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
AJ fz6, How tall are you and is there less wind noise with the spoiler vs just the touring screen?

I'm 5'8". There is a slight improvement in wind noise but the real benefit for me is the smoother air resulting in less buffeting on the helmet.

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
You've got a great setup. You mostly commute or do any touring? How sturdy is that Givi top-rack? I'm interested in installing the rack and a coocase box. That rack is so minimalist though, compared to others like the SW motech, that I'm worried about weight capacity.

I commute about 3 days a week on the bike. I haven't done any real touring yet but I hope to do some soon. I have the Cortech sport tail and side bags so with the top case I should be able to pack enough gear for a decent trip.

The top case and rack are actually from Yamaha. I bought them from Snow City Cycles in Toronto since I couldn't find them in the U.S. It's pretty sturdy though I can't compare it to any of the other rack options since mine is the only FZ6 I've seen in person with a top case.

arcata2

Reaction score
Visit site

Where did you get the spoiler? Did you order it with a windscreen or separately? If you got it separate please give me the name of the company. Thanks!