Motus MST American V4 Sportbike

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I've now seen two blog entries on this, and have yet to see a quoted displacement. Another source stated this is a scaled down 90° Vee four from the Chevrolet Vee 8, which is some 18" wide.

It does sound a bit agricultural, but I do like the exhaust tone and note. Don't see how that's going to meet the noise police requirements, tho.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
just saw the motus yesterday in philly. 1700cc, 160-170hp, over 100lb torque, an orgasmic exhaust note, adjustable wind screen easy to work on engine 100,000 mile valve checks (lee conn, one of the designers, said that the valves needed to be "checked" every 100k miles, make sure they're still there and keep riding) givi monokey bags, adjustable everything, different seat heights to choose from, BREMBO BRAKES, very upright riding position, etc.

William

Reaction score
Visit site
It appears from an article I just saw in McUSA that Birmingham-based Motus finally got around to announcing pricing and production schedules over in Daytona last week.

$30,975 for the MST
$36,975 for the MST Sport Touring

Production starts this fall for the 2013 line.

I saw the prototypes up at the Barber Vintage Fest last October and these are some sweet motorcycles. I hope they do well.

Article in MotorcycleUSA.

motus-mst2012.jpg

Motus Motorcycles

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this bike isn't everyone's cup of tea at well over $30k US.....but have to give these guys credit. The bike is beautiful (to me).....has a V4 (same as my ST) ....sounds great ....and now....officially is fast as %*#)#__%.

Hope they stick around for awhile....cause they will cause others to up their game. Victory, BMW, Ducati, HD all have bikes around the $30k mark......if you want to compare $$'s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6mr03lL_tw&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I checked them out at the Austin MotoGP back in April...still no bikes out yet. This is years in the making. Deep pockets...

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Their website shows dealers....they have to be close. You are right......deeeeeep pockets. Let's hope the money doesn't run out. Buell did a lot for the industry....these guys could be similar.
We're they even talking demo rides?

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Why does everything built by Americans have to cost double anything else? Soo expensive. If I wanted something with those power numbers I'd buy a V-max and save 10-15k (that's almost another Vmax)

Maybe it was the video, but it didn't sound very good. The HUD is cool though.

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Why does everything built by Americans have to cost double anything else? Soo expensive. If I wanted something with those power numbers I'd buy a V-max and save 10-15k (that's almost another Vmax)

If you spent years of work on trying to build, test and market a bike that may sell in the hundreds per year you would charge a lot also.

Why doesn't Ferrari sell a car that everyone can afford.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
If you spent years of work on trying to build, test and market a bike that may sell in the hundreds per year you would charge a lot also.

Why doesn't Ferrari sell a car that everyone can afford.

If you look at it that way, one could by 2 Nissan GTRs that can outperform a Ferrari for the price. Btw Ferrari has established itself as a great company. It's not a no name such as this one.

No i wouldn't sell a bike double the price of its closest competitor, the max was just an example. Lets look at fjr pricing now.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Perhaps I should have used someone more like Pagani. Ethier way Nissan like Yamaha are mega corp builders pumping out product in volume. Small builders can maybe make a couple a month. If Motus could be mass produced then the price would come down. Until then only the motorcycling snobs will have one.

And there are other big name bikes that sell in the 20-30K dollar price range.