Motoz Tractionator Adventure Tires: Traction & Longevity

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mean-Looking, Ground-Shredding, & Long-Lasting Tires: The Great Debate If you want to lose friends and start arguments on social media the quickest way to do it is to ask: “What tires should I run on my motorcycle?” A close second would be asking about engine oil. The verbal bloodbath that inevitably will follow can cause ...
The post Motoz Tractionator Adventure Tires: Traction & Longevity appeared first on webBikeWorld.

More...

Vanilla Gorilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking that I'm way over do for some tire shoppin, as clearly obvious in pic. Any suggestions? I'm 6ft2 260lbs, lotta twisty pavement riding 80%, some off road 20%, dry this time a the year, aggressive style whilst feeding her the onion... Current rubber- 180 55 zr17 Michelin radial pilot road 2.. good tires?received_248872596997988.jpeg

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All tires are great these days. The question is what do you value most; grip or longevity? After that question is answered the next is tire profile; round or stepped...although that question is usually (but not always) answered by the grip/longevity question. Lastly, how often do you ride in the rain.

Vanilla Gorilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Rain purdy much never this time a the year, grip is good as for longevity I'd like somethin that'll last longer then the tire I got on it now 3 weeks at the most is all it lasted

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Rain purdy much never this time a the year, grip is good as for longevity I'd like somethin that'll last longer then the tire I got on it now 3 weeks at the most is all it lasted
3 weeks? Was it new? Must have been doing a lot of burn outs! My Michelin PR2's last 5000 miles at least.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking that I'm way over do for some tire shoppin, as clearly obvious in pic. Any suggestions? I'm 6ft2 260lbs, lotta twisty pavement riding 80%, some off road 20%, dry this time a the year, aggressive style whilst feeding her the onion... Current rubber- 180 55 zr17 Michelin radial pilot road 2.. good tires?View attachment 74187
sniff......sniff...... Something smells funny here. Those tires are 3 weeks old, spend 20% of their time off-road, and occasionally go through the rain? I am, how best to put it.... skeptical.

Vanilla Gorilla

Reaction score
Visit site
No they were not new by no means, but the def. weren't trash either... I have been riding the piss outta it and recently found the slick lane at intersections for impressive crossings... I don't know how much time you've spent on the gravel but my off road 20% is gravel, and my 265lbs on top a the bike destroys tires gravel especially

Last edited:

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Street tires don't do well on gravel. Your best bet is a "Adventure" tire that has a street bias - something like the Pirelli Scorpion Trail II. You'll give up ultimate grip on the road (only an issue if you are riding above 7/10 on the road), but your bike will handle a lot better while on gravel and you'll get the benefit of a tire that will last a long time.