Motorcycle Wreck

fireman

Reaction score
Visit site
Well Im at work tonight, I was actually on the forum when it happen. I work for the fire department here in Waynesville, Mo when the tones dropped for a motorcyle wreck down by were my house is. I didnt think to much about it just praying that the rider was alright wearing his gear and helment. As soon as we arrived on scene the State Trooper started yelling at us because our truck was in the way, yet it is the same truck that saved his life back last winter. Sorry back to the story. Well I went towards the patient and noticed it was a friend of mine that I went to school with. He was riding another buddy's GSXR 1000 when he hit the front brake to hard going about 50mph, and proceded to go end over end. I started to talk to him he was in some pain, his leg was hurting real bad but he was not in life threating injuries. Thank God. What I learned and gave him a stern lecture about was why he wasnt wearing any gear, he was in sneakers, T-shirt. and a skid lid. He is in the hospital doing well right now Im gonna find out more here in a couple hours. Remeber ALL GEAR AT ALL TIMES.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear that it's not too bad. Sounds like he got excellent advice from a very caring and wise rider.

Hope your friends learns a valuable lessons and mends fast.

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweating is uncomfortable, but no where as uncomfortable as skin grafts. ALWAYS WEAR YOR GEAR!!!

Last edited:

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweating is uncomfortable, but no where near as uncomfortable as skin grafts. ALWAYS WEAR YOR GEAR!!! Ignore previous post, I can't figure out how to delete a post LOL

Last edited:

Robmac

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad your friend faired out pretty well giving the circumstances.

I'm a fire fighter too and where I live the police do not have to ability to tell us anything. Basically during a emergency call our chief, (or incident commander) assumes control of the city and all agencies under it.

Now... we are lucky in the fact that the fire Dept and the Police Dept get along pretty well, but normally we assigned them to traffic duty while we get down to business at MVAs.

Check out this link on the very subject...
Hazelwood officer fined $18,000 for arresting firefighter on emergency call | Top Stories | KMOV.com | St. Louis, MO

Well Im at work tonight, I was actually on the forum when it happen. I work for the fire department here in Waynesville, Mo when the tones dropped for a motorcyle wreck down by were my house is. I didnt think to much about it just praying that the rider was alright wearing his gear and helment. As soon as we arrived on scene the State Trooper started yelling at us because our truck was in the way, yet it is the same truck that saved his life back last winter. Sorry back to the story. Well I went towards the patient and noticed it was a friend of mine that I went to school with. He was riding another buddy's GSXR 1000 when he hit the front brake to hard going about 50mph, and proceded to go end over end. I started to talk to him he was in some pain, his leg was hurting real bad but he was not in life threating injuries. Thank God. What I learned and gave him a stern lecture about was why he wasnt wearing any gear, he was in sneakers, T-shirt. and a skid lid. He is in the hospital doing well right now Im gonna find out more here in a couple hours. Remeber ALL GEAR AT ALL TIMES.

fireman

Reaction score
Visit site
We do the samething but this Trooper seems to get into it with everybody. The other troopers and City boys know that the truck is there for their protection. In fact the very truck saved the troopers life when a car ran into the back of it on the interstate last winter, but he still has the I have a Gun and Badge mentality on scences. The whole Hazelwood incident happend up the road from us.

I'm glad your friend faired out pretty well giving the circumstances.

I'm a fire fighter too and where I live the police do not have to ability to tell us anything. Basically during a emergency call our chief, (or incident commander) assumes control of the city and all agencies under it.

Now... we are lucky in the fact that the fire Dept and the Police Dept get along pretty well, but normally we assigned them to traffic duty while we get down to business at MVAs.

Check out this link on the very subject...
Hazelwood officer fined $18,000 for arresting firefighter on emergency call | Top Stories | KMOV.com | St. Louis, MO

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats with people crashing their friends' gixxers? This guy i work with had to sue his friend after his buddy totaled his gixxer and got denied for the loan to fix it.

Wear your gear, and don't let your friends ride your bike - unless you know they're going to be smart about it (and at least pay for the damages if they DO get into an accident).

Gixxers are bad news:) haha

good to hear he's alright though