Motorcycle Roadside Assistance:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that I'm on my seventh bike I start thinking of things like this. (Is that maturity, ["old age"], or is it because I go much further from home, much more often, and much faster? =:-O
I just signed up with MRA (mymra.com). They say they will cover your needs 100% with no charges within specified distances from home. (Outside of that distance for additional charges) I got the "Plan E" for $59.95/year which covers you up to 50 miles from home. They claim not to be a wrecker service with straps and chains, (but then who wouldn't deny that in public? : ), and that they serve only bikers 24/7. They also say they average somewhere around a 32 minute waiting. This sounded like a good thing to me.
What do you'all think? Did I waste my money, is this a good thing, does anyone else have something similar, or has anyone had any bad experiences with something like this? Just wondering, (after the fact). Thanks for your feedback!

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I am insured through Progressive and it comes with "free" roadside assistance. I guess I'll only find out how good it is when I need to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
2nd that on progressive although I have to pay $10 a yr for it. Not sure if that means better coverage or not. Hoping I never have to use it but I like the feeling of having someone to call if needed.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Progressive as my insurance and they provide roadside assistance. I have not needed it yet but from what they told me it seems pretty resonable to have it in my bag-o-tools.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread got me thinking about what I am actually covered for with progressive roadside

So I sent them an email asking to explain it.

About 29 minutes later I get this: (10 bucks per yr is a pretty good deal)

"Thank you for contacting Progressive about your policy.

Roadside assistance is Sign and Drive, which allows you to sign the invoice after service is complete with no out-of-pocket expense. This coverage provides towing to the nearest repair facility in the U.S. and Canada. We will cover the towing to the nearest qualified repair facility or up to 15 miles to the facility of your choice.

The following situation are covered under Roadside Assistance coverage:

- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Battery failure
- Insufficient supply of fuel, oil, water, or other fluid (please note, coverage does not extend to the cost of fuel or other fluid)
- Flat tire
- Lock-out
- Entrapment in snow, mud, water, or sand, within 100 feet of a road or highway
- Covers labor costs up to one hour at the scene of a disablement

This coverage does not include payment for any excluded service, e.g., cost of parts, cost of fuel, labor in excess of 1 hour at site of disablement, labor or repair work performed by service station."

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have AAA which covers my motorcycle as well. I actually had to use it when my battery died on me to bring it back home few months back. Person actually showed up with special equipment for motorcycle transport.

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I have progressive as well so I probably have the roadside assistance as well. I also am an AMA member and roadside assistance is free with a membership. It also covers all of your other vehicles if I'm not mistaken. I think a membership is like $35 a year but you get A LOT of other benefits/discounts.