Motorcycle Crashes into Bicycles on Mulholland (rnickeymouse)

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFaAqS2f18]Motorcycle Crashes into Bicycles 4/27/2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Scraped his boot maybe then target fixated on the cyclists.

"The nice part is you have no..ahh..nothing is bleeding terribly...except for that arm, put it down." :rolleyes:

Bike modified SV650?

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you can hear a scrape (peg maybe?). Then you see him square up a bit and his head turns up and stops looking through the turn. That bicyclist bent like gumby!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you can hear a scrape (peg maybe?). Then you see him square up a bit and his head turns up and stops looking through the turn. That bicyclist bent like gumby!

I was thinking his boot. I don't think he had nearly enough lean angle to scrape the peg.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me how many retarded bikers go there to have their crappy riding skills put online.
Ive been watching/analyzing a lot of motorcycle accident videos lately to see where people go wrong and hopefully learn from their mistakes. So many of the videos are on this road from the same youtuber and i thought the same thing! I would like to go ride that road one day but am skeptical as it seems its so dangerous due to the riders who ride out of their limits.

I was thinking his boot. I don't think he had nearly enough lean angle to scrape the peg.
I think youre right now that i watched it again.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ugh.. hate to see this. I ride a bicycle on the road too and it sucks to have zero control. There's only so much protective gear you can wear (helmet and gloves) and unlike riding a motorcycle, your really can't do anything about being hit from the back :(

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
The point where you see the motorcyclist look up the road grade/level changes at the same time that there is a slight decrease in the radius. The first couple of times I went around that corner I went wide like the guy did but thankfully no one was there. If you watch enough of rnickemouse videos you see a lot of people end up wide there. The difference in grade/level is what plays a trick on your eyes to think you have a different line that you could take.

So, I think the rider was probably unfamiliar with the road and mixed with a little scare of the scrape caused him to target fixate on the bicyclist diaper shorts.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like rnickemouse can make a decent living on that corner.
So many Feck ups all the same. If you don't know the road don't ride at 100% of your ability.
[Quote}Ssky0078
Re: Motorcycle Crashes into Bicycles on Mulholland (rnickeymouse)
The point where you see the motorcyclist look up the road grade/level changes at the same time that there is a slight decrease in the radius. The first couple of times I went around that corner I went wide like the guy did but thankfully no one was there. If you watch enough of rnickemouse videos you see a lot of people end up wide there. The difference in grade/level is what plays a trick on your eyes to think you have a different line that you could take.

So, I think the rider was probably unfamiliar with the road and mixed with a little scare of the scrape caused him to target fixate on the bicyclist diaper shorts.

A nice description of what its like to ride that bend which you can't really appreciate from the angle of the video.

Neil