Motorcycle Cop Video

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Those Harley's really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Yeah, on a mountain road they're nothing great, but around town, low speed city type situations? They're perfect for that. All that weight plus low center of gravity means they practically balance themselves! That's one of the reasons police departments across the nation used them almost exclusively(and many still do!). All that plus some proper technique as vegasrider mentioned, and you end up with the perfect city ticket-dispenser, and a fun to watch, cool video online. :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Head up , eyes level , relax & look at where you want to go :thumbup: Thats all there is to it , having said that it is a lot easier said than done :D Not all that hard but you need confidence..

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Low centre of gravity and not much drinking the night before... Seriously, he is not doing anything the rest of us should already know how to do...

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
It helps that he rides his bike all day, every day, but still. This isn't anything extraordinary. Basic MSF techniques. Look through the turn, counterweight to turn sharply at speeds below the countersteering effect, throttle and clutch work.

My MSF instructor took his road king through the smaller figure 8 box and told us we sucked if we couldn't do it on a 250 in the bigger box. Once the bike is moving, physics don't change. It might just take more muscle it get it leaned over, but the pyhsics are the same.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All true........
Still, its something you dont see done everyday, thats why I find it amazing.
Im on leave this week so I think I will go to the base and practice on the advanced course.:thumbup:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone could do those tight turns when they've got a floorboard to pivot around. Try doing that with only 2 points of contact! :BLAA:

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Those Harley's really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Yeah, on a mountain road they're nothing great, but around town, low speed city type situations? They're perfect for that. All that weight plus low center of gravity means they practically balance themselves! That's one of the reasons police departments across the nation used them almost exclusively(and many still do!). All that plus some proper technique as vegasrider mentioned, and you end up with the perfect city ticket-dispenser, and a fun to watch, cool video online. :D

I agree! My little brother just bought a new 883 Iron a couple weeks ago and I drove it for the first couple hundred miles for him when he was taking the MSF BRC. That thing was actually alot of fun to ride around town! Honestly riding it was the most fun ive had at slow speeds in a long time! I looked pretty funny though wearing my alpinestars gear lol. I think the problem with HD isnt the bikes, but the company itself. It was such a pain in the ass to buy that thing at the dealer. They make you jump through so many hoops with there "personal tour" of the dealership, which essentially is an hour and a half long sales pitch for all the different HD gear and bike accessories you dont really need. We even made it clear that we have a ton of riding gear and dont need anything, but they dont care. They want you walking out of there with as much HD crap as possible for yourself and the bike, spending as much money as possible. You cant just walk in there and buy your bike and leave. Its like they arent trying to sell bikes but an "image", which wasnt what we were there for. The entire ordeal was such a PITA and took almost 5 hours. We had to sit around for so long waiting for who knows what (at least they had MotoGP on in the waiting room!). He was buying it outright too, cant imagine how long it would have taken if he was financing. On top of that the 1000 mile service was outrageous- $350! Two hundred dollars more than the first service on my FZ6! I know HD twins require different maintenance then an I4, but still... Ill stop my rant now. My point is i really enjoyed riding an HD and I think its a quality peace of machinery:ban:, but I will NEVER own one because of this experience! Not that I had planned on ever owning one, but still.

Last edited:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Now to all those peeps that dont use,dont know where their rearbrake is:rolleyes:,this type of riding is almost impossible without it(watch his brakelight)

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
That's really my goal, to learn how to manhandle a motorcycle at slow speeds. I have been practicing at a near parking lot and is kinda scary at first, kinda makes you feels like the bike is going to fall over but its not. well i am no expert at this yet and still drop my bike

Last edited: