Motorcycle Confessional

H

HavBlue

Dang, that's some serious sh*t Nelly. So what's the penalty for neglect? :rolleyes:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride my bike everyday so I usually wash my bike every week. Never goes beyond two weeks without a wash. I might add that washing the bike gives me the chance to check the bike visually as well as by feel for any discrepancies.

danedray

Reaction score
Visit site
Nelly. im In NC and my NEW bike is splattered with pesky insects. as is my helmet and mask (i just sneezed like 13 times for some reason- for real). I need to give mine some TLC too

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I will start this one, dear fellow owners, riders and admires of all things FZ6. Please forgive me.

I have neglected my bike (Norman) for nine weeks he has remained unwashed and un-loved. Apart from checking oil, air, chain and fastenings (pre-ride checks) I have not cleaned or groomed my faithful bike in a manner befitting it.

Now I have been studying (just finished my Bsc) and the toll of three children under three has left me with zilch time to do anything.

Brothers and sisters, how do you all fit in your regular washing & maintenance checks.

Please forgive me & please help.

Nelly
Dont worry, for my first year and a half of ownership i never checked the tire pressure and never lubed the chain...ended up with a rusted chain (dealership brought it back to life tho! :cheer:), cupped front tire...lool. I have since learned ;) I wash it about once a month (give or take a month) check tire pressure and lube chain about every 500miles

NJ GUS

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had mine for 3 months and 5000 miles and washed it once. When I do, i use S100 bike wash and a leaf blower to dry it off. Then I drive it for a few miles to shake off the rest of the water and lube the chain when I get back. Takes about 20 minutes altogether.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride my bike everyday so I usually wash my bike every week. Never goes beyond two weeks without a wash. I might add that washing the bike gives me the chance to check the bike visually as well as by feel for any discrepancies.
You preach to the converted Vegas, I have just got bogged down with lifes little things.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had mine for 3 months and 5000 miles and washed it once. When I do, i use S100 bike wash and a leaf blower to dry it off. Then I drive it for a few miles to shake off the rest of the water and lube the chain when I get back. Takes about 20 minutes altogether.
Actually I have just realised what my true punishment was.
I actually never intended to clean my bike yesterday. My wife has gone back to work and I am off for two weeks to look after the children. My wife came home early yesterday and said why don't you go for a ride (I have not ridden for 6 days which is a sin in itself). I headed out to some nice country twisties, the weather was nice to-boot.
I started to get into my ride and realised that I was riding like crap. I kept at it for about twenty minutes and started to miss turn in points and apex's. I wans't riding hard just trying to work on my position and weight transfer.
I turned around and came home feeling really glum.
When I got of I realised that Norman looked as bad as I feel so thats when I washed him.

When done with regularity it does only take 20 minutes, I have just let it slip.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nelly. im In NC and my NEW bike is splattered with pesky insects. as is my helmet and mask (i just sneezed like 13 times for some reason- for real). I need to give mine some TLC too
Get on with it sinner, "I wonder what his visor looks like"? Did I just say that out loud?