Motorcycle Confessional

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I will start this one, dear fellow owners, riders and admires of all things FZ6. Please forgive me.

I have neglected my bike (Norman) for nine weeks he has remained unwashed and un-loved. Apart from checking oil, air, chain and fastenings (pre-ride checks) I have not cleaned or groomed my faithful bike in a manner befitting it.

Now I have been studying (just finished my Bsc) and the toll of three children under three has left me with zilch time to do anything.

Brothers and sisters, how do you all fit in your regular washing & maintenance checks.

Please forgive me & please help.

Nelly

W

wrightme43

LOL

I havent washed mine since I binned it. After I get my head lamp assem. I will get her all shined up.

lilleman

Crash test Dummie
Reaction score
Visit site
I wash my bike every second week. I say it's like meditiation: to calm my soul and be a better boyfriend and father. And sometimes I let the children help me wash it and the really like it a lot.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You do know she runs faster and corners tighter when she's been washed, don't you? ;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You do know she runs faster and corners tighter when she's been washed, don't you? ;)
Yes mate I do know that, I just cant find time. I would like to add that I have washed and waxed Norman today.
I do let the children help but, being 18 months and 2 an hours job takes an afternoon lol.
Steve you have an excuse as you are going to do your ride up.
None of you have enlightened me on how you fit it all in?

Gawd back to the confessional.....

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Forgive me Fizzers, for I have sinned. I have not washed my bike in over nine months <GASP!>. In punishment, I shall flog myself by riding for no less than eight hours this weekend. So it be done... amen.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Forgive me Fizzers, for I have sinned. I have not washed my bike in over nine months <GASP!>. In punishment, I shall flog myself by riding for no less than eight hours this weekend. So it be done... amen.
Mate,
I think we need to give you your punishment and it don't involve 8 hours of riding. Get the bloody shammy out. Unless off course you have 6 children under three lol.

Nelly

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate,
I think we need to give you your punishment and it don't involve 8 hours of riding. Get the bloody shammy out. Unless off course you have 6 children under three lol.

Nelly

lol Well, I live by the motto, if you have time to wash your bike, then you aren't riding enough! :Sport: Well...that's my excuse for not washing it, anyway! :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol Well, I live by the motto, if you have time to wash your bike, then you aren't riding enough! :Sport: Well...that's my excuse for not washing it, anyway! :D
Good one, your next moto will be "It's only the stuborn stains keeping it togeather" lol.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did it one piece at a time.
And it didn't cost me a dime.

I had a model 1964, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72.....
Elm I am hopefully not checking out your vital statistics here lol. Gawd hang on I am going back into the confessional lol. Wont be a tick.

Nelly

Canada17

Reaction score
Visit site
What is this "washing" you speak of? When I ride in the rain some of the dirt falls off...

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't wash it on the trip from Texas back to Maryland, but I did right before and right after. :D

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Em, well, I pamper mine after every ride, especially in the winter. I have a set of micro-fibre cloths which work wonders.:eek:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Em, well, I pamper mine after every ride, especially in the winter. I have a set of micro-fibre cloths which work wonders.:eek:
So your solution is that I retire and get said cloths then M? I was gonna say you don't have three under three. Then I remembered your last encounter with your daughter.
De-frag hard drive and rebuild PC then BTW dad can you take me to the airport at 05.00am lol.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About every 4 mos......................oh, yeah, I've only had it 4 mos!!:rolleyes:
So you need to wash yours to mate, actually your worse than me. Your still in the honey moon period. You should be at it with your shammy and bucket at least twice a day.