MotoGP: CRT rider Hector Barbera sentenced to 6 months in jail

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sheesh!

-----

Reports are coming out from the Spanish media that Hector Barbera, of the Avintia Blusens MotoGP team, has been arrested for the assault and battery of a woman identified as his girlfriend. The incident took place after the Spanish GP, as Barbera and his girlfriend were staying in Jerez for a few extra days before heading to Le Mans, France for the French GP. Coming to blows after a heated argument, Barbera’s girlfriend was treated for bruises and contusions, and spent the night in the hospital.

Receiving a lightning-speed trial, both Barbera and his twenty-three-year-old girlfriend were found guilt of assault and battery against each other, with Hector being sentence to six months in jail, and his girlfriend receiving five months of jail time. The sentences can likely be commuted to community service time, according to Spanish media.

Posted to his Facebook page, a statement from Barbera reads, “Related to the incidents happened today, just clarify that is has just been a simple couple discussion already solved by the Jerez Court and that both parts has accepted. We apologize the way the incidents had occurred, even if the Jerez Courts has solved equally for both parts.”

With just a week until the start of the French GP, it is not clear at this time what Barbera’s sentencing will mean for the Spaniard’s participation at Le Mans. However, we do know that the incident surely isn’t going to help his reputation in the MotoGP paddock, and we can only guess as to the ramifications it could have with his and the team’s sponsors.

Source: GPone, EFE, & Facebook

MotoGP: Hector Barbera Sentenced to Six Months in Jail for Assault on Girlfriend

Best source I can find is in Spanish from reporterosjerez. Here's Google's best effort translation:

The court Jerez Gender Violence has condemned the Pilot Hector Barbera to six months in jail and his girlfriend, five, for a strong fight in which the judge considered that both were hit. The speedy trial by this mutual complaint was held just 24 hours after the fact. For the pilot, the penalty is switchable social work because it has a positive history in alcohol. Her partner, 23, had no history.

"Do not let me go no contact with my family, I was very nervous," he assured the couple of Barbera, the Honeycomb Desiré Jerez, at the exit of the courthouse. She noted that he had to "wait for him to sleep and then went to the next room, where they were friends." He alleges he was no witnesses to the assault "and sufficient evidence" but did not want to proceed with the complaint and come to an agreement. "If you could still fall to four years in prison," he told.

The young woman, visibly shaken by what happened and marks on the neck, explained that the pilot "has recognized what he has done" and that she has been sentenced to five months for "a bite in self-defense." Her mother, who also has directed told reporters that "grabbed her neck and has hit the toilet. What a way to want ".

Meanwhile, the pilot has issued another statement late in the afternoon which is limited to "clarify that it has been more than a couple discussion and resolved by the Court of Jerez and both parties have agreed". Regrets also that "the facts were well known in this way, regardless of whether the Court has resolved Jerez equally to both parties."

The incident occurred on Friday morning at a hotel in Jerez where they were staying. JEREZ REPORTERS According to what the girl had to be treated at the hospital with contusions and bruises while Barbera was in Precinct until eleven o'clock, when he stood before the judge.

Agents of the National Police Service assigned to the Family Care Jerez police station have been responsible for bringing research.​

Source: “No me dejaba irme ni contactar con mi familia, estaba muy nervioso” | Reporteros Jerez

Spanish video where you can see her injuries:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lry2s7oKV_I]Declaraciones Caso Hector Barberá - YouTube[/ame]

Another tough guy hitting a woman in anger, no excuse, walk away. All respect is lost. Dirtbag

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

So thats how Hector Barbera got his black eye.

Mutual combat? Yah right. A women is never going to get 5 month if the dispute was remotely equal she had to have clearly attack Hector and got the better of it.

I suppose we live in society where a 5' 5" 130lb guy is suppose to let a bigger person pound his face. I suppose you guys think reaching up and pulling the assailant to the ground after you got your face punched in is so terrible.

Ridiculous, Hector shouldn't even get sentenced for anything.

Mutual combat? Yah right. A women is never going to get 5 month if the dispute was remotely equal she had to have clearly attack Hector and got the better of it.

I suppose we live in society where a 5' 5" 130lb guy is suppose to let a bigger person pound his face. I suppose you guys think reaching up and pulling the assailant to the ground after you got your face punched in is so terrible.

I agree that the law should be unbiased regardless of gender. Only two people really know what happened at the time of the assault. We can only hope that the judiciary got the facts correct. Nobody has the right to assault another person and domestic violence is particularly vile and the perpetrators whether they are male or female should be punished.

Neil

No punishment for Hector? Really? Look at her neck! Strangling someone is self defense?

According to Jerez Eurosport coverage, he said he got the black eye from a "trials" accident. Seemed to happen somewhere between Jerez FP2 and FP4.

On race day, he didn't have his girlfriend on the grid holding the umbrella..

His sentence wasn't suspended because he has prior conviction(s?) including a DUI.

Last edited:
No punishment for Hector? Really? Look at her neck! Strangling someone is self defense?

According to Jerez Eurosport coverage, he said he got the black eye from a "trials" accident. Seemed to happen somewhere between Jerez FP2 and FP4.

On race day, he didn't have his girlfriend on the grid holding the umbrella..

His sentence wasn't suspended because he has prior conviction(s?) including a DUI.

The judge didn't sentence the girl in the court of law for being strangled, he had to have overwhelming evidence of her guilt to convict of anything considering how absurdly bias our society is concerning these situations.

I glad Hector is alright and hope learns to stay away from these types of women.

The judge didn't sentence the girl in the court of law for being strangled, he had to have overwhelming evidence of her guilt to convict of anything considering how absurdly bias our society is concerning these situations.

I glad Hector is alright and hope learns to stay away from these types of women.

I hope he learns to stick to wringing the neck of his CRT and stays away from alcohol.

Back