Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done Lorenzo :cheer:

• GRAN PREMI APEROL DE CATALUNYA
  • MotoGP Race Classification 2013

• Barcelona, Sunday, June 16, 2013

• Pos.PointsNum......Rider..........Nation.Team.....Bike.............Km/hTime/Gap

• 1 25 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 164.4 43'06.479
  • 2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 164.3 +1.763
  • 3 16 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 164.3 +1.826
  • 4 13 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 164.1 +5.874
  • 5 11 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 162.7 +26.756
  • 6 10 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 162.4 +32.228
  • 7 9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 162.4 +32.692
  • 8 8 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Power Electronics Aspar ART 160.8 +58.615
  • 9 7 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 160.5 +1'03.142
  • 10 6 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ignite Pramac Racing Ducati 160.1 +1'09.774
  • 11 5 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Came IodaRacing Project Ioda-Suter 159.2 +1'24.377
  • 12 4 71 Claudio CORTI ITA NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 158.7 +1'33.679
  • 13 3 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Paul Bird Motorsport ART 158.0 +1'45.355
  • 14 2 67 Bryan STARING AUS GO&FUN Honda Gresini FTR Honda 157.7 +1'50.745
  • 15 1 77 Javier DEL AMOR SPA Avintia Blusens FTR 151.8 1 Lap
  • 16 52 Lukas PESEK CZE Came IodaRacing Project Ioda-Suter 151.6 1 Lap

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was disappointed for Hayden and Crutchlow too. But how in the heck did Marquez manage to avoid crashing in that wobble with 2 laps to go?? :eek: How do they do that? Stay loose? Pedrosa wasn't gonna let the kid get by and I was glad Marquez didn't go all or nothing this time.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was disappointed for Hayden and Crutchlow too. But how in the heck did Marquez manage to avoid crashing in that wobble with 2 laps to go?? :eek: How do they do that? Stay loose? Pedrosa wasn't gonna let the kid get by and I was glad Marquez didn't go all or nothing this time.

Nicky was in tears in his pit box. I felt so bad for him. Just a mistake and a frustrating one at that.

I dunno, that's the one of the cool things about these guys...they just know how to control the fear and accelerate out of wobbles like that. I thought he was going to lose it but he kept it alive.

I think Marquez knew that risking a crash or taking out his team mate would be bad form. He had a solid podium and took it. Valentino would have had the podium if Marquez did something stupid.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nicky was in tears in his pit box. I felt so bad for him. Just a mistake and a frustrating one at that.

I dunno, that's the one of the cool things about these guys...they just know how to control the fear and accelerate out of wobbles like that. I thought he was going to lose it but he kept it alive.

I think Marquez knew that risking a crash or taking out his team mate would be bad form. He had a solid podium and took it. Valentino would have had the podium if Marquez did something stupid.

They kept talking about the heat affecting the tires - was that why several riders lost traction? I can't remember the biker term when you push your front tire beyond its limits, but it looked like that was what was happening to a lot of the guys who slid out.

Glad Valentino didn't get taken out in lap one again! But Lorenzo seems to be in the zone. Unflappable and steady the whole way. It was a beautiful to watch.

They are in Cloggy's back yard next! Going to watch in person??

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They kept talking about the heat affecting the tires - was that why several riders lost traction? I can't remember the biker term when you push your front tire beyond its limits, but it looked like that was what was happening to a lot of the guys who slid out.

Glad Valentino didn't get taken out in lap one again! But Lorenzo seems to be in the zone. Unflappable and steady the whole way. It was a beautiful to watch.

They are in Cloggy's back yard next! Going to watch in person??

I'm impressed! You got up to speed on this stuff real fast!! :thumbup: They call that either "losing the front" or "front washes out". Maybe there are others, but that's what I've heard the rides refer to. I think heat was an issue, even though they were using the hard compound option.

I thought is was Mugello all over again when Bautitsa went down next to Valentino.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought is was Mugello all over again when Bautitsa went down next to Valentino.

It's almost like he's paid to torpedo Yamaha factory riders.

Valentino Rossi: 'Bautista becomes a little bit crazy' :D
Valentino Rossi: 'Bautista becomes a little bit crazy' | MotoGP News | Jun 2013 | Crash.Net

“In Mugello he did a mistake and f**ked my home grand prix and we could have had big pain [in the accident]. But one mistake can happen... He said he didn't see me,” Rossi told the assembled media inside the Yamaha hospitality on Sunday evening.

“But doing the same at the next race, another time with me, is very stupid I think.."

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Colin rode really well yesterday , well done to the old fella :thumbup:

WhoreGay was in the zone again !! great to see & I am soooo glad I wasnt following Marquez for the last to laps :eek: :eek: I'm sure that moment filled the leathers & boots :D :D :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are in Cloggy's back yard next! Going to watch in person??....

Unfortunately I'm not going to the Assen TT this year, Mrs Cloggy is away on a wellness weekend with a group of (girl) friends, and although I could take my daughters (9 & 11) they are not interested in bikes at all :(.

Mind you I can’t complain as this means I get to go away on the bike for another long weekend this year ( I went to the Vosges region of France a couple of weekends ago now, I’ve just been too lazy to do a write up yet). I’ll also be going away for a long weekend with a group from my work in September to Germany :cheer:.

BTW are your family/ancestors from the Netherlands, as you have a very Dutch name.

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not going to the Assen TT this year, Mrs Cloggy is away on a wellness weekend with a group of (girl) friends, and although I could take my daughters (9 & 11) they are not interested in bikes at all :(.

Mind you I can’t complain as this means I get to go away on the bike for another long weekend this year ( I went to the Vosges region of France a couple of weekends ago now, I’ve just been too lazy to do a write up yet). I’ll also be going away for a long weekend with a group from my work in September to Germany :cheer:.

BTW are your family/ancestors from the Netherlands, as you have a very Dutch name.

Verharen was my grandfather's middle name, and his mother's maiden name. I didn't realize it is Dutch - I always thought she was from Iowa :D She lived to be 103, had a wicked sense of humor, and was VERY short.

I checked my calendar and realized my schedule is clear in mid July when MotoGP is in California...:rolleyes:

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site

Looked like the front lost traction then caught again, then a small tank slapper.

Staying relaxed and having a good steering damper. Which I just bought one for my bike, haven't installed it yet.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looked like the front lost traction then caught again, then a small tank slapper.

Staying relaxed and having a good steering damper. Which I just bought one for my bike, haven't installed it yet.

Steering damper...you have now reached beyond my understanding. :( It is an unusually short trip since I still have so much to learn. Lucky for me this forum is filled with folks happy to teach!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hey Martin , according to this family tree thing I have here & on ancestory.com I am Dutch royalty !! So that like makes me your king or something :eek: so from now on I wish to be addressed at His Royal Highness Sir Hump-A-Lot !!! :BLAA: :BLAA: :rof: :rof: :rof:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Verharen was my grandfather's middle name, and his mother's maiden name. I didn't realize it is Dutch - I always thought she was from Iowa :D She lived to be 103, had a wicked sense of humor, and was VERY short.:

Well as you probably know the Dutch were among the first settlers in America, the Mayflower originally sailed from the Netherlands, stopped in England and then sailed onward to the USA. Also although Henry Hudson was an Englishman he was in the service of the Dutch east india company as captain of the halve maen
also New york used to be called nieuw Amsterdam :thumbup:

I checked my calendar and realized my schedule is clear in mid July when MotoGP is in California...:rolleyes:

Sounds great, hope you have lots of fun, not jealous at all :BLAA:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Martin , according to this family tree thing I have here & on ancestory.com I am Dutch royalty !! So that like makes me your king or something :eek: so from now on I wish to be addressed at His Royal Highness Sir Hump-A-Lot !!! :BLAA: :BLAA: :rof: :rof: :rof:

:bow: :bow: :bow: all hail to king Humpy :rof: :rof: :rof: